Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

OEMScan - Automated Multi Manufacture Pre-Activation Utility

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
353 replies to this topic

Segadude

Segadude
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 11-May 11
I have used your tool and have successfully installed the OEMBIOS files for my gateway laptop. But Windows still wants to be activated and when I put in the key from the bottom of the laptop it says its not a valid key when it is. Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

urie

urie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03

I have used your tool and have successfully installed the OEMBIOS files for my gateway laptop. But Windows still wants to be activated and when I put in the key from the bottom of the laptop it says its not a valid key when it is. Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong?

The key from the bottom of the laptop is OEM:COA key not OEM:SLP key if this is xp pro you could try MS OEM:SLP key Preserving OEM Pre-Activation when Re-installing Windows XP

andwan0

andwan0

• 42 posts
  • Joined 14-March 09
So basically, this OEMScan tool does the opposite of Bezalel's tool ... in that OEMScan will "correct" your "already" installed Windows XP with the correct OEMBIOS files so that it's preactiviated.... whereas Bezalel's script extracts the OEMBIOS files. Am I on the right track?

johnyept

johnyept
  • 6 posts
  • Joined 12-September 10
I have a question about OEMSCAN. Can it handle compressed OEMBIOS.* files? I still haven't used it, I'm just gathering "intel" before starting a multi-oem XP dvd for my own language.

If it can't, and if it only scans the bios and then blindly copies the files indicated by PATH, then why not using compressed files in the indicated PATH and then expand them with an external batch or any other method? Or we could just hexedit OEMSCAN, replace the files extensions with BI_, CA_, DA_, SI_ and include a batch for expanding them after they're copied to the hdd. That would save lots of CD/DVD space for MULTI-OEM discs. Just my two cents...

EDIT: never mind, just noticed that compressed and uncompressed OEMBIOS.* files are practically the same size :)

Edited by johnyept, 22 November 2011 - 07:39 AM.