[Uploaded] SYSDM.CPL

mazin

Alright everytime i edit it and then save it... nothin happened to my Properties window.. so i went and checked and compared the file sizes and windows had put the default back in there. how do i make i not do that...lol

thanx

Disable Windows File Protection .you can use this regkey :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"SFCSetting"=dword:ffffff9d
"SFCDisable"=dword:ffffff9d

• 4 months later...

Hi mazin am totally noob in customizing windows but am really wanted to learn. :) I just want to know if how can I integrate this when I make a new nlited XP SP3 so that after a fresh install the image and infos that I've made will be use. And to avoid the WFP. BTW is it possible to use the XP system properties looks and not like vista? Thank you and please bear with me.

Edited by leinan

• 1 month later...

This is a newbie user (2 days) and I've been re-doing the SYSdm.cpl from two or three different people for the last 2 days also. I came up with a nice trim version from _mazin_ and _Vishal Gupta_ for the "best of both worlds".

I did ALOT of trial & error! I'm fairly good with graphics, not much experiance modding programs (since Commodore).

The WINDOWS VERSION section logo can be re-edited to swap the extra images I built in (shown on right), the SYSTEM SPECS and OWNER STATUS get inputed from your own system [oeminfo] - except the *Genuine Microsoft* logo.

The original left sidebar is still built in also (Vishal's girlfriend), in case somebody might want to swap back.

Hope somebody enjoys it ..... I forgot to go to sleep one night trying to learn this -- I wanted this mod real bad!!!

The tuff part was trying to get the top image (orb) not showing any white around it with dark THEMES. Finally gave up the round one, had to settle looking for a neat square one.

post-195754-1213237104_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boots

Oh ya, I altered another SYSdm.cpl that has the XP look, a bit more exciting than standard XP.

Sorry, I don't recall the person that did this before me that deserves some credit :(

I just had to add the little sidebar line for that 'special touch' - but not too extreme.

I also added a 3d LCD style monitor (bitmap), so somebody could swap with either 2 top images [program edit].

OWNER STATUS & SYSTEM SPECS are inputed from your oeminfo, except *Genuine* logo.

post-195754-1213305344_thumb.jpg

Edited by Boots

Well, I used the LINK option here the first time, seems to work with a image display only.

I'm new here, I don't see anything about UPLOAD a program.

Edited by Boots

• 5 months later...
sysdmpx4.gif

Hello!

I need help!

I would like to know how is possible to get transparency in a bmp file

(I know that bmp doesn't support transparency) cause your rouded win logo pic insert in the right top corner

is a transparency bmp file I think.

So, your sysdm.cpl edited with reshacher show me this:

appunti01ra7.jpg

and if I try to export the bmp for use it in my sysdm I obtain a pic that show the purple color.

So instead of this win logo, I would like to insert this:

65522996uy7.png

but I would like to show only the logo in the same way of yours.

I hope you understand me and you can help me.

Many thanks and sorry for my bad english, I'm italian.

@ Malmst33n[RPM]

Welcome to our (your) forums!

You express yourself quite good in English.

For your question about the logo: I got the logo from somewhere (I no longer remember it). It was already transparent by its creator.

However, you can post in Graphics and Designing Art to get an answer by a qualified member.

Wish you good luck.

Edited by mazin

• 3 years later...