A problem with phisical memory in xp64

I have 1GB of Ram (memory).It rest 20~30MB whenever i burn CD/DVD by nero or alcohol or cut and past the folder from C:// to D://.I not sure wheather anybody has the same problem like me. Whenever i have a low phisical memory, my computer become slowly to excute the applications ...

Maybe it is a big bug in xp64.Who can help me to solve this problem. Ram is expensive.I wish microsoft can provide a OS which use a little memory and provide a good efficiency.

I would strongly suggest running perfmon with the following Process counters while burning a disc to see exactly what is happening:

Private Bytes

Virtual Bytes

Working Set

Do this for "All Instances" and see what you get - do any processes use a large amount for any of these three counters while you are burning a disc? I'm betting it will be the process for your CD burning software, as it does not happen otherwise. Note that 1GB of RAM on an x64 system is quite low, and you should have at least 2-4GB of RAM at a minimum to achieve optimum performance in Windows XP x64, from personal experience.