Integrate Media Player 10

What I would like to do here is to extract the mp10setup.exe file into all of the files to be installed (which I have already done), use makecab to compress the files that need to be compressed, and then overwrite the windows cd's copy of the files. This is not the problem, the problem is the new files that are not part of the windows xp CD need to be listed in txtsetup.sif. I found the guide on txtsetup.sif on here but some of the info seems to be innaccurate, as I have several entries for media player 9 in there (wmp.dll for example) that don't conform to the specs mentioned in that thread..

Link to that thread here: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&...NQfVyWfXy4w4R5A

Before you ask.. There are a couple of reasons for doing this:

1) Speed up install some

2) Integrate WMP hotfixes directly into the CD files instead of having to use svcpack.inf

txtsetup.sif can only copy files to your System Directory - to copy files to Program Files (where most WMP files go), you have to set up the instructions to do that in an inf file elsewhere, I believe (WMP.inf WMP10.inf et cetera).

You could always download RyanVM's WMP10 update pack and have a look at that (or even use his yourself).

I've tried to so something like this, but I've ended up repeatedly running into a brickwall over it.