[Release] Logitech Setpoint 3.01.en

Mekrel

I have created a switchless and silent installer for Logitech Setpoint. I found that not creating a .log file via the install shield would make the install fail.

So, this creates a .log file on the system drive (C:/) or what ever your system drive is. So will need deleting after during your cleanup process / manually deleting.

http://rapidshare.de/files/33573152/Setpoi...Silent.exe.html

• 2 weeks later...

I have created a switchless and silent installer for Logitech Setpoint. I found that not creating a .log file via the install shield would make the install fail.

So, this creates a .log file on the system drive (C:/) or what ever your system drive is. So will need deleting after during your cleanup process / manually deleting.

http://rapidshare.de/files/33573152/Setpoi...Silent.exe.html

SetPoint 3.10 is released

• 2 weeks later...

Mekrel THX

I wonder how you did this.

Cause if this work on other logitech software, that would be awesome.

One little thing about your 3.10 version , after install it pops up to ask if i want to search for updates.

When i click yes, it says there is one, and starts downloading it.

Edited by muiz

Mekrel THX

I wonder how you did this.

Cause if this work on other logitech software, that would be awesome.

One little thing about your 3.10 version , after install it pops up to ask if i want to search for updates.

When i click yes, it says there is one, and starts downloading it.

Hmm I only get the pop up after reboot, all I can think of is getting the autoIT script to keep running untill it finds the updater window, and to select no. You can relaunch the updater from setpoint itself later. Unless the update is actually part of a new installer on the logitech site?

I would imagine, I could do other software too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dangerzone:

Here's an AutoIT script I use to install SetPoint silently:

$cdrom = DriveGetDrive("CDROM")

Run($cdrom[1] & "\Applications\Logitech SetPoint v3.1.16\setpoint310.exe")
WinWaitActive("Logitech Software Setup","")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","","Button3")
WinWaitActive("Logitech Software Setup","Select Language")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","Select Language","Button3")
WinWaitActive("Logitech Software Setup","Destination Folder")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","Destination Folder","Button3")
WinWaitActive("Logitech Software Setup","Software License Agreement")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","Software License Agreement","Button21")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","Software License Agreement","Button3")
WinWaitActive("Logitech Software Setup","Access and modify settings")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","Access and modify settings","Button3")
WinWaitActive("Logitech Software Setup","No. I will restart my computer later")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","No. I will restart my computer later","Button26")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","No. I will restart my computer later","Button3")

The script is designed for installing from the first CD/DVD Drive. Enjoy!

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks SRJ, that helped a lot. It seems that Logictech really do not want us to be able to silently install their software. They state in their forums, that they don't support it.

With version 4.00 it got even worse, as the .iss method of installing isn't supported anymore. Only way I know of is by Autoit Script.

To Anita: You have to modify the above script a bit to get it working with an italian version. Mainly the names of the windows, the order of the sequence and perhaps even the numbers of the buttons. (I had to do all these changes to get it to work with the danish version.)

Here's how I did it for Logitech Setpoint Drivers v4.00:

1) Get the install file from Logitech and extract the exe files inside, use winrar or another packer proggie. You'll now get a lot of files an folders, containing the setup files.

2) Logitech now includes the option to install the Yahoo bar into your browser. I think thats crap so I just delete the folder named "-3YT" You can also delete all txt files and all the folders in the "Ressources"-folder, that contain languages you dont need.

3) Compile an AutoIt script like SJR's example - you probably have to modify it a bit. Especially you have to expand it with a a section that kills the updater running at the end of the installation.

4) To pack the files to put on a cd, I just pack all the files and the compiled AU3-exe into a self-extracting winrar archive, and tell it to run silent, overwrite everything, extract to the TEMP-path and run the AU3 file after extraction.

This packed file can now be used from anywhere - from a cd, from somewhere on you harddisk etc.

I've attached my script for you to have a look at -

RUN("Setup.exe")
WinWaitActive("Logitech Software Setup","")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","","Button13")
WinWaitActive("Logitech Software Setup","Vælg sprog")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","Vælg sprog","Button13")
WinWaitActive("Logitech Software Setup","Licensaftale for software")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","Licensaftale for software","Button18")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","Licensaftale for software","Button13")
WinWaitActive("Logitech Software Setup","Destinationsmappe")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","Destinationsmappe","Button13")
WinWaitActive("Logitech Software Setup","Bemærk: Hvis enheden er sluttet til en PS/2-port, kan du bruge funktionerne som styres af softwaren, når computeren er blevet genstartet.")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","Bemærk: Hvis enheden er sluttet til en PS/2-port, kan du bruge funktionerne som styres af softwaren, når computeren er blevet genstartet.","Button31")
WinWaitActive("Logitech Software Setup","Nej. Jeg vil genstarte min computer senere")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","Nej. Jeg vil genstarte min computer senere","Button23")
ControlClick("Logitech Software Setup","Nej. Jeg vil genstarte min computer senere","Button13")
WinWaitActive("Logitech-opdatering","")
ControlClick("Logitech-opdatering","","Button2")

Ups, forgot that this will be of absolutely no help to any non-danish speaking person, so basically, I used the AutoIt Window informaion tool to get the window title names, that the script uses to target it's instructions. Sometimes the title of the window wont change, although you progress with the install. To circumvent that, you can target some specific text in the specific window instead. Once you have targeted a window, you can use the ControlClick command, to target a specific control, ie a button, choose an item from a list etc, by targeting the controls id on that specific page. Once again the Window info tool tells you everything you need to know.

Read the simple tutorials on the autoit page to get started.

Edited by g8way2