2003 menushowdelay bug - made abysmal by nvidia

tolmek

Nvidia's nview system keeps resetting menushowdelay to 0 after every reboot, return from standby, or every time you access the nview options, this obviosuly is a problem as it's a known REALLY annoying bug in 2k3 that screws up right click menus.

you can stop this by disabeling nwiz from startup, but then twinview will be screwed up...

anyone know of a better way, or can someoene smack nvidia about to stop them f*****g with settings you dont get options on, a fix from MS would be good too, but nvidia REALLY shouldn't be messing wth a setting like that without permission :):rolleyes::D

sorry but you've seem to have missed the point , I know the registry key, that's why i called it 'menushowdelay' . you can change this to something other than 0 till your blue in the face, but as i said, after every reboot, or access of the nvidia driver control pannel, or return from standby, the nview manager puts it back to 0 again so it's all screwed up.

I can't disable nview i need the functions for my multimonitor settup.

for some reason , meerly executing a reg patch doesn't always seem to fix the problem, the non 0 value only always seems to fix the problem if i've set it using tweakUI, despite tweakui only changing the same key (checked with a reg monitor)

Solution found by me !!!

Nvidia is the sucker doing this. If you choose 'let windows maximize faster' under tab 'effects' in nview settings then MenuShowDelay will be reset to '0' You can change the registry until you weigh an ounce, but nview is setting is back to 0 everytime..So uncheck this option and MenushowDelay will be set to 400 automatically by nview.. Nothing you can change about that either but at least Win 2003 server works this way. This happens on Nvidia 45.23 drivers..

Eric van Hal