Creating an XP installer

Hi there. I am using NLITE to create my own version of XP home with sp2 and a heap of other hotfixes I have collected along the way and was wondering about a few things.

1. How can I change the default blue setup screen when you insert the WinXP Home cd and put in my own image. The screen in question is in this image below and also the one when you click on Install XP

x.jpg

2. Can I then use Autoplay media studio to create my own setup file and have custom background pics in it.

It's WINNTBBU.DL_ (.DLL)!

Search for WINNTBBUEd.exe in this forum.

It's an excellent utility to display your edited

WINNTBBU without having to run Windows SETUP.

Also, check this topic for contributed ready-made WINNTBBUs.

Edited by mazin

Thankyou very much everyone the info you provided was excellent and works well. I just hae one other question.

I am making my own custom setup file with AutoPlay Media Studio 6 and was wondering if you could tell me what the link would be to open these to files.

Basically I want to put a push button and when clicked it will open these screenes but I don't know what linik to asign to the buttons. Also can the initial xp screen that opens when you insert the cd be changed as well the one with the links for instalation and adding components etc.

See the images below

1. This one is to open the Add Windows Components Screen

comp.jpg

2. This one is to open the Windows Upgrade Adviser screen

upg.jpg

Edited by Payne