USB flash drive

jpless

Some possible things:

Are you trying to use the ReadeBoost feature? If so if may be that your USB flash drive is not compatable with ReadyBoost.

Is your USB Flash drive USB 1 or 2.0? Vista seems to want to setup the USB ports at USB 2.0 when it installs and might not detect some USB 1 devices. If Vista fails to even detect or identify the USB drive then it might be that its USB 1.

As far as drivers, and your not using the USB Flash Drive for ReadyBoost, you shouldn't really need drivers for it. Vista should be able to detect the USB device with no drivers needed. Unless your trying to connect the USB drive thru an external USB Hub expansion thing or a plug in USB port card, then Vista might have a problem detecting certain USB Drives as it seems right now that Vista has some minor problems with detecting some devices thru these.

Vista can't find drivers for my USB flash drive, and I have no idea what make it is.

What do I do?

Edited by Spooky

No not ReadyBoost (not right now anyway) just to use it as a drive. Have it assigned to a letter and so on.

Vista recognize the drive, but says it can't find drivers for it.

I think it's maybe not the actual drive it detects, it says : USB Embedded Hub. Is that the port?

Ahhhh...OK....

If it says 'USB Embedded Hub' then its not the drive, its the hub for the ports. Do the hubs appear in Devman? If they do not appear, or sometimes even if they do, then Vista might not have drivers for your particular hubs on your Mother Board. Or it might just be that your device is a 2.0 device and Vista doesn't have 2.0 drivers for that particular hub. You could try using the WinXP drivers from the manufacturer.

No not ReadyBoost (not right now anyway) just to use it as a drive. Have it assigned to a letter and so on.

Vista recognize the drive, but says it can't find drivers for it.

I think it's maybe not the actual drive it detects, it says : USB Embedded Hub. Is that the port?