Continuing Hotstream

Aegis

Many of you have expressed a desire for an updated USP5. Although I lack the expertise to do myself, I do have a singular thing to contribute back to the community. A while ago, Gurgel had generously given one of his most important development tools, sfxcab.exe. It's this same tool that allowed him to package his update into a service pack installer. He had, however, asked that I not redistribute it. I respect his wishes and will not do so in any circumstance. But if someone or a group of people can create an updated USP5, zip it up, and the community agrees upon the fact that it is of reasonable quality, I'm willing to package it up with Gurgel's tool and upload it for all to download and use. I'm as eager as anyone else for an update, and I'm sure this is what Gurgelmeyer would have wanted :D.

I have not been able to contact him either. Been months now. :(

Come Jan. 1st, 2007 I shall announce this project dead and will no longer host it. I prefer not to have old and pretty much useless code out there. That being said I still be happy to upload it to anyone who asks for a copy. But that's still months ahead so....

It seems to me that anybody with a decent understanding of how hotfixes and such work could pick up this project where gurgel left off. If it weren't for the fact that I have no extra time for a new project ATM, I'd volunteer.

So, who wants to step up to the plate? Talk is cheap - actions speak louder than words.

• 2 weeks later...

About this project beeing dead, -

it may be so, but it would still save many users a lot of hotfixes to download,

if they'd first download this package...

because i value this work so mutch, i will host 1 single version of gurglemeyer's SP (the lastest),

if anyone would be able to make a package of the remaining (current) security fixes, it would be valued verry mutch.

hoverever because i have bigger bandwidth problems than warr does (and i can only host about 3gb each month), this file will only be uploaded on request (you can request it via this forum in a PM)

also i will only upload it 1 time per registered msfn user only (burn it directly to a disk and dont lose it)...

hope this helps....

@-I-: Why don't you upload it, and not tell anyone the link, and send an email to MajorGeeks and Softpedia to upload it? That way, as soon as it on those sites, just delete the file off your server?

If not, I'd like a copy of it.

the_guy