Internet Explorer 7 shuts down without warning

Lora316K

I had dowloaded mozila and am runing Housecall right now. I keep getting an error: "An error occured while trying to transfer data from the Internet! Do you want Trend Micro HouseCall to try resending the required files. I click ok and in a couple of minets get the same error.

Had figured out why I have an error, but mozy also shuts down during the scan. Pleas help me with the problem.

Thank you,

Lora

I was actually going to post earlier that I thought it was Trend killing IE ungracefully, but I had to run for a bit. Now that I'm back, it looks like you've already discovered that. Have you considered downloading ad-aware, hijackthis and spybot via either Mozilla or IE, and attempting to use those before trying to use Trend again? You may also want to remove Trend completely, attempt to clean the PC properly via the other tools, then attempt to reinstall Trend to see if the problem recurs at that point? Also, msconfig or autoruns to disable all non-Microsoft startup items and services before attempting a cleaning is a useful step to take as well when you suspect a machine may not be clean.

I do not have Trend, the only way I use it is online. I will try to get rid of housecall and see if it works. I t have a lots of spyware that Spybot can't get rid of it. I ran Ad-Ware, it found nothing. I had posted HijackThis log alredy, but no reply so far.

• 1 month later...