Virtual PC 2004 - Very Slow Performance

ner

Virtual Pc 2004 has very slow performance running under windows xp media centre, the chipset i am runing on is Intel 945P, i have searched and can not find any listed problems, other than KB899525 which is provided as a fix for slow performance under intel centrino 915 chipset but this seems to be for laptops only??

Does anyone know if this would work for my chipset, or if you have installed it ?

Cheers!

Edited by ner

The full spec of my pc is :

PentiumD 940 (P) DC 3.2 GHz, 800 MHz front side bus, Socket 775

Intel 945P

Memory 2GB

400 GB (2 x 200) SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec), 7200 rpm

GeForce 7600GS, 512 MB DDR memory

TV tuner card with FM tuner

Integrated 10/100 Base-T networking interface

I have also just installed another hotfix KB889677 that updated the Virtual pc.exe (5.3.582.32) and Vmm.sys (1.1.465.14) files, and this has helped the performance, but i will also increase the amount of memory used by VPC as above, thanks for your help... but i still wonder will installing KB899525 help further with performance, do anyone know what this changes the file version numbers too...

Edited by ner

Well i have gone for it and installed the KB899525. hotfix and the vmm.sys is the same version as after installing the KB899525 - still @ (1.1.465.14), but the Virtual pc.exe - is now a newer version.

And yes with increasing the memory and the above fix in place its all faster and smoother running! :thumbup