Intel 1000 GT NIC set speed programmatically?

nasowasauch

Hi,

does anyone know how to set the speed and duplex mode for the INTEL 1000 GT programmatically? This means to switch e.g. between 100 Mbit and 1 Gbit and/or full- halfduplex. My Intention is to be able to call the device driver function of the NIC from my own c++ code. Does anybody know how this could be done or point me to a device driver function documentation?

Best regards

Most of the time the .inf file in the drivers contains the defaults speed setting. Changing it directly in the .inf should then allow to have the speed automatically set but be carefull modifying an .inf will more likely break the driver signin check and you'll need to allow the driver to install.

Another way around is to read from the .inf the needed reg entry and to set it after driver install.

Try this exe http://www.zyard.com/files/linkspeed.exe. It is a autoit executable I wrote to switch between 10 full, 100 full and gigabit. It handles most intel, broadcom, and 3com nics (including the one offs from dell). Autoit is C++ code.

Right now there is no way to detect the duplex, you can only set half or full based upon what you assume is in your enviroment.

• 8 months later...