Windows XP Wireless Network Icon

prx984

Whenever I boot up my laptop (or desktop) they both connect to my wireless network, I have internet, but... One stupid little problem I am having. The wireless network icon will sit on the "acquiring IP address" picture.

Even though it has an IP, it will keep doing that with the little circle thing. I have tried a multitude of things, manual IP, turning off the checkmark in the properties of the adapter that says:

"notify me when this connection has limited or no connectivity"

I have even tried just using the basic windows wireless software. But nothing works. If I turn off that check mark, it fixes it until I reboot, then I have to turn it back and so on.

Anyone else have this problem? Or possibly have a fix? :lol:

th_2.jpg

th_1-1.jpg

EDIT

---------------------------

:angry: i just figured it out :lol:

to anyone having this problem, do not disable the "Network Location Awareness" service. that turned out to be the culprit :lol:

Edited by Cygnus

:angry: i just figured it out :lol:

to anyone having this problem, do not disable the "Network Location Awareness" service. that turned out to be the culprit :lol:

Yup.... I had this problem a while back. Same problem - same solution. More reason to not disable services... ;)

• 9 months later...

Start->Run.

Type in services.msc. Scroll down until you see the Network Location Awareness service. Right-click for properties. Make sure it's set to Automatic, and then hit Start.

Hope this helps. :)

Start->Run.

Type in services.msc. Scroll down until you see the Network Location Awareness service. Right-click for properties. Make sure it's set to Automatic, and then hit Start.

woot!! that was sure a fast response. I'll let you know tomorrow how things go.

Thanks again

-=Mark=-

• 2 weeks later...
Start->Run.

woot!! that was sure a fast response. I'll let you know tomorrow how things go.

Thanks again

-=Mark=-

Sweet, it worked like a charm. well for a few minutes anyway. then it cut back out. it seems my router went bad. but only the wireless part. bought a new router and all is 100% again.

Thanks once again for the help.

-=Mark=-