H-Access to the path is denied.

jcarle

Please move your files to some folder without any non-ASCII characters like

à.

Let me know if that doesn't help.

I'll try to put some kind of detection and a warning because even MS Hotfixes fail under extraction, not just nlite limitation.

• 3 months later...

I'm also getting this error, when trying to run nlite on any version of windows and trying to update with any of the latest ryanvm updates. The folder only has no non-ascii characters, so don't know whats wrong. Its specifically with SVCPACK.INF or SVCPACK.IN_ depending on the update itself, i.e. DirectX or windows updates respectively.

This is using 1.3 RC2 of nlite if it helps.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Edited by master811

That error can be also generated by attempting to integrate a broken archive (it happened when I attempted to integrate a malformed Ryan's UP - somehow my download got corrupted). Try extracting the hotfix/update pack/whatever manually to make sure (just in order to check its consistency).

If the archive is broken, just download it again. It happened to me yesterday evening EET, on a corrupt RyanVM Update Pack 2.1.7; upon downloading again, it worked.

PS. Also regarding latest RVMUP: you need set nLite to prompt on integration, and choose to overwrite some (apparently) newer files, for example mfc42u.dll - otherwise you won't get correct integration.

Edited by mionica