The complete list of hotfixes & updates for Windows 98se

soporific

12th Jan, 2007:

Added to main list: kb929969 (replaces kb925486), Shell98, kb929120, W98MP10, kb925398, kb926247 (replaces q314147)

Moved to obsolete list: kb925486, kb928939, kb928388, q314147

Updated in main list: NUSB24 (replaces NUSB23e)

New versions of files: ScanFrag, Copy2Gb, Shell98 (the list didn't need changing but the files are newer)

"soporific,"

You are doing the right thingy, by me anyways, as this list is what I needed to make a stab at moving ahead. You do not know how much you have HELPed me. Now to see if Microsoft will allow me to download these files, updates, hotfixes, whatever.

Thank you for reading my posty-toastie,

kb925454 - 2006 Dec 12 -- 2.02mb - dl I - Unofficial Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 sp1

kb918899 - 2006 Sep 12 - 3.6mb - dl I - info2 - Unofficial Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 sp1

Since these are both cumulative security updates for Internet Explorer 6 SP1, does that mean that the release of KB925454 has made the KB918899 update obsolete?

Phil

BTW, some of the links in the list are broken. For example, here are two:

http://www.mdgx.com/files/IE918899.EXE

http://www.mdgx.com/files/OE911567.EXE

There may be others, as I only checked a few of them.

Phil

kb925454 - 2006 Dec 12 -- 2.02mb - dl I - Unofficial Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 sp1

kb918899 - 2006 Sep 12 - 3.6mb - dl I - info2 - Unofficial Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 sp1

Since these are both cumulative security updates for Internet Explorer 6 SP1, does that mean that the release of KB925454 has made the KB918899 update obsolete?

Phil

Yes, those updates are obsolete.

That's why the links are broken = it's on purpose. ;)

Yes, KB918899 is obsolete, was replaced with IE925454.EXE .

Current cumulative fixes always here:

IE:

http://www.mdgx.com/ietoy.htm#IEC

OE:

http://www.mdgx.com/ietoy.htm#OEC

HTH

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your efforts and reading my posts,

no worries ... am still looking into your original issue ...

new additions:

13th Dec 2006:

Added to main list: kb886677, kb928939, Servic9x

"Soporific,"

If you ever get your 'plate' emptied send me a PM and I will assist you in finding some more thingys. Otherwise, forget my problem for now and do your work. I am still attempting to do all of the updates and only have about 20 done, you are updating this list faster than I can download and install. NOT a problem though, with my housekeeping duties along with running erends and the "HoneyDo's" this has taken a back seat for a short or maybe a long, not sure yet.

When I get caught up maybe thingys will work better.

Thank you to one and all that have sent posties on my problems, there are many and have no list at this time, besides this is getting too long.

Thank you for reading my post,

• 5 weeks later...

23rd Feb, 2007:

Added to main list: kb928090

Moved to obsolete list: kb925454

Renamed & updated in main list: HHUPD (was HHUP141), OLEUP (was OleUp240), DXM9x (was DXMedia6)

New versions of files: SHELL98, OLEUP, HHUPD, RichEd9x, DXM9x

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i HAVE A PRESSING NEED (sorry caps lock) to sort out most of the hotfixes for Windows 98se according to localization. i want to release a new version of the unattended boot CD for Win98se and it's going to do more than just install the OS. You can optionally choose to install some hotfixes (i haven't worked out which ones yet) as part of the OS installation - saves you doing it after setup finishes. I only want to do the absolute essentials so the package isn't a 200 MB whopper like Auto-Patcher (AP) is. So the candidate list so far is:

* Dialup Networking 1.4

* all the hotfixes from the Stability module in AP

* some of the critical hotfixes from both the Critical Security and Critical & Recommended modules in AP.

* WMP9

* DX9c (not sure about this)

hopefully the total package size won't be much over 30 MB

What do people think?

So, in preparation for adding localization support, i need to first work out which hotfixes are language dependent and which ones aren't. I suppose my first question has to be: what's the deal with hotfixes and localizations? Are they all language dependent? Can amyone give me the lowdown on what i need to know ... URLs would be nice as well.

• 2 weeks later...