[Release] Microsoft Windows Defender v1.1.1593.0

johndoe74

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Windows 2000 users should read this article.

Short version, you need gdiplus.dll

If you happen to install .Net 1.1 sp1 with RyanVM's switchless installer via RunOnce, then you can use the following command sequence:

dotNet11sp1.exe

Copy %SystemRoot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\gdiplus.dll %SystemRoot%\System32

This will only work if you use the "installs via svcpack & RunOnce" version

• 1 year later...
Microsoft Windows Defender v1.1.1593.0 [now with updated scan engine & definitions]

Windows Defender is a free program that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software. It features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it's detected and minimizes interruptions and helps you stay productive. Now with 2 free support incidents for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Addon compatible with Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and above. Utilizes both both SVCPACK & RUNONCE to install

Language:: English

File Size :: 7.27 MB (7,620,496 Bytes)

MD5 :: 9CE3014F7009CED475ED9AFB57589966

Main :: Esnips

Mirror :: Box.net

Mirror :: Filefront

Features common to all addons: Now includes an updated scan engine [v1.1.2704.0 from 06.28.2007] and updated definitions [v1.20.2827.11 from 08.04.2007]

Just tested installing XP SP3 RMT Nlited with some hotfixes, IE7, WMP11 and Windows Defender in a Virtual Machine and no Windows Defender (also happened to me with Firefox and some other add-ons)... Can you please try to help me? Is it possible that I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Edited by pplucky