my new pc, HELP! GIVE YOUR OPINION

belluso_316

hello everyone

ok people i will upgrade my pc almost complete. i already have a 450 wts psu and the case is this one

http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/cas...ck_demon/p3.htm

the psu is the one they sale that match the case

ok now this are the upgrades i want.

processor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819115003

coling for the procesor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835118003

motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16813131031

i will take the combo with the CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400C4

hard disk

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16822148139

video card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814143046

ok what i need is for you people to tell me if this set is good, if not tell me your recomendations but im on a budget. i really want this processor but i will list my budget for the rest of the hardware :}

cooling - $40 to 75

motherboard - $200 - 235

ram - $200 - 230

Video card - $200 - 230

hard disk - $75 - 120

also please tell if my 450wts psu will be good to power up this setup

any recomendation will be a great help :thumbup

processor and mobo match [a person i know had missed that once, almost cost him $500]

RAM is more than you could ever need, 2x 1 gig is fine, but 2x 512 is more realistic, what could you ever need 2 GB of RAM for unless you're doing intense video editing, and even still i've done that on 512...

graphics are lookin good, can't see a thing wrong with the setup.

if you want performance, you might look into SATA drives, now up to 3GB/s if im not mistaken by something, sure beats IDE. im assuming you're using the floppy and CD[or DVD] from the computer you have now.

what OS are you planning on? XP [home/pro]?

pro is a little lighter than home, easier to tweak and nLite, also is the comp for gaming or what, because if its just for basic needs, you could go down to a 2GHz processor and it wouldn't matter. if its for gaming, then the setup is perfect with 1 or 2 GB of RAM, it doesn't really matter either way unless you're going for highest end gaming thats completely unnecessary to anyone...

case looks nice by the way :thumbup

Hey bonestonne thanks for your opinion makes me feel more decide for thsi setup.

i chose to 2 gb of ram cause i want a normal gaming experience with that video card i select i dont really care high end gaming. and if you see the mobo and the ram is on a combo right now on newegg so i think is a good deal.

but i stiil unsure about the cooling heatsink with fan i select do you think is good or there is other option out there. i dont want liquid cooling.

also the mobo anybody know if is good for just a little overclocking??? if not post other board i want a mobop with the latest nvidia chipset, i dont care about sli cause i will not put 2 video cards on it. and remember for the mobo my budget is 200 - 235

and yes i will use hp lightscribe +/- dvd rw and my floppy, and i will install xp pro sp2 but i will go vista next year so i also want to know if this setup is vista ready :blushing:

one other thing, do you think the 450wts will power this new setup??? :huh:

please someone post a goog seagate sata HD, i miss that the HD i select is not a sata.

i found this other one tell me if it is good

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16822148140

thanks again for your help

Edited by belluso_316

the new HDD is great, plenty of room, fast transfer speed, everything you could need.

vista ready is kinda BS. this machine is 1.1GHz, has 256MB of RAM, and used an nVidia GeForce FX5200 and i could run vista easily. and by easily, i mean i could run it just like XP runs, it loaded quick, didn't freeze, did what i needed it to do. if i can run Vista on 1.1GHz with 512MB of RAM, you're setup could run vista with ease.

the heatsink you chose for the processor [at least from what i've seen] is a very highly recommended heatsink, its reliable, and keeps even the hotter processors cool.

all i have to say is that if you want the new system to last you into vista, don't overclock it. overclocking does give you faster clock rates etc., you dont really need it. as easily as you could buy something cheap and overclock it, you're buying a new one soon. if you but a processor at the speed you would overclock another too, it'll last longer, one saves you buying a processor, the other saves you a little money in the start, but it can't take quite the beating you give it all the time.

if you want it a little faster, get a faster processor, don't try to overclock, it doesn't always end well.

450 watts could power almost two computers like that one, its a fine supply with extra just in case you decide you're going to power a generator too [jk].

450 is plenty.

hey man thank you a million times for yor help with your opinion and some reviews i finally made my mind with this setup also i will add my current 160 seagate barracuda hd is ide but is good for keep files back up.

tommorow i will make the other from newegg :thumbup:wub:

as long as you keep the dust out of them, power packs will last a long time. the PC im running now has a 150W PSU, original to the 5 year old computer, the only thing not original is the HDD, right now im using my sisters because i can't get the 100GB drive working. once i do, thats what i'll be using. its just how i roll.

450 is plenty though for his setup, its not like its a duplicator or some other computer that needs a powerplant and a half to turn on.

I have the Zalman 9500 in my machine with a P4 650 overclocked and it keeps me very cool, I'm quite happy with it... be sure and get some Arctic silver thermal paste for the conroe. Also, most definatly go with the SATA Barracuda, I just bought one 2 weeks ago, and am VERY happy with it. Disk to disk between sata 2.0 drive is insane, speeds are great, quiet.

ok as i said in my first post the psu i have is the 450wts that is made by the same company witch my case is. andthanks for your replyes they are a big help for me and last night i other all that hardware so i hope to have here in puerto rico next week

its gonna be a good computer, without a doubt.

i dont have a custom computer yet, but i'm slowly saving up for one, its a pretty wasteful system, i have all of it planned out now, 4GB of SDRAM, 3.4GHz processor, 256MB SDRAM dual DVI out PCI-E x16 graphics, zalman 9500, 420W PSU, all packed into an x-clear acrylic case.

fairly mindless, runs out to be just under $1000, but it'll be high end for a while.