Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

New Utility: Windows Media Player 11 Integrator

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

bledd

bledd

msfn is a friend of mine!

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,733 posts
  • Joined 24-March 04
nice :)

Edited by jcarle, 15 August 2007 - 10:16 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,088 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

thx, I will try it out :)
Posted Image

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
jcarle You are GOD!!!

Thank You!

neo

neo

Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert Consumer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Joined 31-March 06
thanks
good job

tap52384

tap52384

nLite Lover

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 11-August 04
I plan to use this integrator to the fullest. Thanks for the various utilities you have released! Your windows updates downloader is the best!

ricktendo

ricktendo

• 2,309 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
Edit :thumbup

Edited by ricktendo64, 03 November 2006 - 03:36 PM.

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04

Status Update: My 1st Test of WMP11 Integrator worked, the program launched the uninstall entries were created and all... But I did get one error during setup

It also Prevented my "Svcpack/Silent Switch" addons from installing (btw my inf addons were unharmed only the svcpack ones failed)

Heres what I integrated and in the order I did:
-1st RVM Updatepack along with a bunch of addons using RVM Integrator
-then WMP11 Integrator
-then nlite for Unattended folowed by Make ISO

Hope this info helps you a little, keep up the awesome work jcarle :)

Im gonna try integrating the updatepack first then do the mplayer 11 integration then im gonna integrate the addons see if that order helps my silent switch addons any

Best way to do it is by integrating WMP11 into a fresh source first, then using nLite to integrate the RyanVM packs (any and/or all).

I personally made an XP by using the WMP11 integrator, then used nLite 1.2.1 to integrate the RyanVM Post-SP2 Hotfixes Pack, RyanVM DirectX 9.0c Update, RyanVM WGA Hotfix, RogueSpear .NET All-In-One Add-On, and the official IE 7 hotfix, customized the options for unattended, then made a bootable ISO. Worked beautifully. nLite seems to do a better job at integrating the RyanVM packs then the actual RyanVM integrator. Also, since there's no official support for WMP11 anywhere, I find it best to use the WMP11 integrator first on a clean XP source.
Posted Image
Posted Image

KenanBalamir

KenanBalamir

Junior

• Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 16-April 05
Thanks jcarle.. Great job..
Türkçe Yazılım - http://www.turkceyazilim.net | Günün İpucu - http://www.gununipucu.net

ricktendo

ricktendo

• 2,309 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06

I personally made an XP by using the WMP11 integrator, then used nLite 1.2.1 to integrate the RyanVM Post-SP2 Hotfixes Pack, RyanVM DirectX 9.0c Update, RyanVM WGA Hotfix, RogueSpear .NET All-In-One Add-On, and the official IE 7 hotfix, customized the options for unattended, then made a bootable ISO. Worked beautifully. nLite seems to do a better job at integrating the RyanVM packs then the actual RyanVM integrator. Also, since there's no official support for WMP11 anywhere, I find it best to use the WMP11 integrator first on a clean XP source.

Thank you jcarle... I knew it was me doing something wrong, I just didnt know the order in which to integrate it.

Great Work dude :thumbup

tap52384

tap52384

nLite Lover

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 11-August 04
I used the WMP11 Integrator last night, and it worked like a charm!

Alex

Alex

• PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Joined 08-September 04
@jcarle

does integrater cabs files, or is doing the same as command /integrate? Is there a selection of components to integrate? I personally do not need this use mode driver framework which was always disabled in services. As well can You remove Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service from integration?
Notice that each time wmp11 starts it calls to the server and starts Universal Plug and Play Device Host service even though I do not connect anything. This was not the case with wmp10. Can You disable that?

Would be very nice,

Thanks in advance for Your answer,
Alex

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04

@jcarle

does integrater cabs files, or is doing the same as command /integrate? Is there a selection of components to integrate? I personally do not need this use mode driver framework which was always disabled in services. As well can You remove Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service from integration?
Notice that each time wmp11 starts it calls to the server and starts Universal Plug and Play Device Host service even though I do not connect anything. This was not the case with wmp10. Can You disable that?

Would be very nice,

Thanks in advance for Your answer,
Alex

I have no idea as to what the inner workings of WMP11 are and I have no idea how it would be possible to remove some of those services, I'm not even sure that's possible without breaking WMP11's functionality. If it's that much of an issue, I'd suggest you simply don't install it and remove WMP with nLite and just install Winamp or something. And yes, this utility runs the /integrate command line parameter. It serves as a way to simplify the process.
Posted Image
Posted Image

djc

djc

• 13 posts
  • Joined 17-April 06
Great Work

rado354

rado354

nLited user

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Joined 29-May 05
Nice one!

therufus

therufus
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 05-November 06
I've tried the WMP11 Integrator 4 times, each with the same result - a bad one.

First I tried integrating it into a working nlite setup including RVM, tweaks, updates, etc, and got an error during the windows install:

Dialogue title: unregmp2.exe - Unable To Locate Component
Dialogue box: This application has failed to start because WMDRMSDK.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

So I tried a new fresh nlite with just RVM and the tweaks. Same error.

Tried another fresh nlite with just RVM. Same error.

Finally, I tried only a clean nlite with nothing but the WMP11 Integrator and still had the same error.

Help!

Oh, and when I say fresh nlite, I mean I deleted everything, copied the original CD back to the HDD and started from scratch.

Edited by therufus, 06 November 2006 - 06:28 PM.

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04
WMDRMSDK.DLL is copied to the $OEM$ pre-install folder. You must enable unattended OEM pre-install.

Edited by jcarle, 06 November 2006 - 07:05 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

therufus

therufus
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 05-November 06

WMDRMSDK.DLL is copied to the $OEM$ pre-install folder. You must enable unattended OEM pre-install.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Of course!

I'm a tool! :hello:

salah

salah

• 10 posts
  • Joined 01-July 04

Hello,
Nice work

I have a question please:
Having OemPreinstall set to Yes in "winnt.sif" will prevent me from loading RAID/SATA drivers from a floppy disc during textmode setup

how can i solve this , because i have this problem

Attached File  01.JPG   41.91KB   529 downloads

thank you

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04

Hello,
Nice work

I have a question please:
Having OemPreinstall set to Yes in "winnt.sif" will prevent me from loading RAID/SATA drivers from a floppy disc during textmode setup

how can i solve this , because i have this problem

thank you

Integrate the drivers into the CD using either this method or using nLite.
Posted Image
Posted Image

salah

salah

• 10 posts
  • Joined 01-July 04

Integrate the drivers into the CD using either this method or using nLite.

Thanks !

svan71

svan71
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 09-November 06
Hello,

I attempted the WMP 11 Int on my copy of XP Corp SP2. I get the following error message.

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\XP Corporate SP2\I386\I386\wmdrmsdk.dll'.

Any ideas?

rajesh.kumar

rajesh.kumar

Crank up

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Joined 02-July 05
this utility is working but increasing the source size by 40mb+. i was previously using RunOnceEx to install wmp11. As im adding so many files to the source like wp, sounds, cursors etc, my source exceeds 750mb if i use this integrator so i have to use my old method. good effort anyway for a distribution with no extras.
Wow - Its the World of Wonderboy

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04

Hello,

I attempted the WMP 11 Int on my copy of XP Corp SP2. I get the following error message.

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\XP Corporate SP2\I386\I386\wmdrmsdk.dll'.

Any ideas?

Choose the ROOT folder of your XP CD, not the I386 folder as your XP Source.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Doenja

Doenja

• 22 posts
  • Joined 03-December 03
Integration failed with the dutch wmp11 package.

Framework 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 installed.

errormessage:

************** Exception Text **************
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at WMP11Integrator.formMain.buttonIntegrate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

tried to integrate with xpfiles in a folder and second time in the root of the harddrive.

Doenja

Edited by jcarle, 10 November 2006 - 10:23 AM.

I am not a total id*** :w00t: Some essential parts are missing :whistle:

jcarle

jcarle

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,579 posts
  • Joined 14-August 04
I can't even begin to help you because I have no idea what "Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden" means.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users