Nlite : integrated themes problem / help

Ast

Some days ago i made nLite CD using nLite 1.2.1.I integrated themes and chose one of themes in unattended setup options.I made ISO and tested it on virtual machine - everything was fine ,Windows was installed and booted with chosen theme.I burned CD and installed it on real computer and Windows loaded with classic theme.Is it nLite bug?Anyone else got same problem?

Edited by ZcWorld

Well

IF it worked in VMware than it should of worked on a real box

so thats a tab odd to have that happen

BTW : wrong area try the Nlite area itself for help / qus on Nlite

and bad topice name ;)

moving n editing topic name

It is really weird and driving crazy thing,lol,i allready remade nLite CD twice(ISO i tested on WMware,burned one i tested on real computer) and on the 2nd time i got same result:everything is good on VMware but on real computer i got classic theme(though wallpaper on desktop was from theme i chose).I tried to set correct theme manually but there was no themes at all besides classic style,then I checked out services and found that service Themes didn't run though it was set in automatic mode as it must be.I restarted computer ,went to themes and see there is Modified theme and all other themes i integrated...i didn't modify a thing.(When i integrated themes in nLite unattended options i chose Panther theme as it was, without modifying it).Almost detective story,lol.If anyone has same problem or got any ideas what could cause such weird thing.

I integrated WMP 11 Final version AddOn.

Don't know if it matters i also integrated drivers NVidia 91.47_forceware and Marvell Yukon network drivers.

Maybe problem is in NVidia drivers and nLite 1.2.1.WMware doesn't use Nvidia drivers so maybe

this is why everything is ok on WMware and on real computer is not.Just a guess.

Edited by Ast

• 2 weeks later...

try to use uxtheme.dll file in $oem$ folder this will resolve your problem.

Perhaps in nuhi's computer it work fine but most computers it will not work and classic themes applied.

Edited by rehbar

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thing:i made 2 nLite WinXP :1st with integrated Nvidia drivers;2nd without Nvidia drivers.

if i install windowsxp using 1st nLite CD(which is with integrated NVidia drivers)i get classic theme, and

if i install windowsxp using 2nd CD (which is without integrated NVidia drivers) i get modern theme Panther.

(that was chosen by me in unuttended setup)

Edited by Ast

I'm getting the same trouble as AST. Classic theme is selected on first install. I thought this was a mistake I was making with winnt.sif or something but on checking it seems to be something else. Themes is just not started. If I go into services/themes and start it then I am able to choose my modified theme through desktop properties. It then works perfectly. Not sure what's causing it. I even put a working copy of uxtheme.dll in $$/System32 and it still wont work. My nLite CD was created with 1.21. I am using nVidia 93.71 and 6.86 on a A8N-SLI-Deluxe. ??? Sorry if my post is all over the place and confusing but I'm at work and don't have time just now.

just sounds like you disabled the 'themes' service.. quite simple to rectify, just reset it to automatic :)

I thought the same but I did not I checked that already. I didn't change any services either in nLite or with winnt.sif ?

hi guys, i think the problem is in the folder that nlite uses for the themes.

i checked there and the styles are not cabbed right.

when you extract them they show as blabla.mst, instead of blabla.msstyles.

so just repack your themes by yourself and replace them.

:hello:

damian666