Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Local GP vs Global GP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jpatto

jpatto

• Guests
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
We have a global policy for about 500 computers. For one PC i need to create a new policy which is ONLY affecting this one PC so i decide ill do a local GP. If i did this would the local policy override the global policy or would the global policy override the local policy OR would they merge together?

Thx

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Ctrl-X

Ctrl-X

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
Nope - the local GPO is processed first, followed by the site GPO, the domain GPO and then the OU GPO's from the top down to the computer OU. See Group Policy processing and precedence for details.

What you want can be achieved by creating a new GPO and then using GP security filtering to apply the new GPO to the one PC. See How to Implement Group Policy Security Filtering for an explanation.

Edited by Ctrl-X, 08 November 2006 - 04:51 AM.

Tel

Tel

• PipPip
  • 124 posts

We have a global policy for about 500 computers. For one PC i need to create a new policy which is ONLY affecting this one PC so i decide ill do a local GP. If i did this would the local policy override the global policy or would the global policy override the local policy OR would they merge together?

Thx

This pretty much sums up what I was gonna say.
Be silly. Be honest. Be kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN