Internet Gateway

LoboVerde

I just did a clean install like I normally do. During the process of doing my windows updates, services.msc tweaking, anitvirus updating I went to My Network Connections to Show icon when connected to the network and I noticed that in the Network Connections window it said I have an Internet Gateway. My computer is hooked up to a router > dsl. I've never seen this show up before. I didn't do the xp home networking wizard to make my computer a gateway. And how can my computer be a gateway when it's hooked up to my router then the router to the dsl modem??? I'd appreciate some help on this. I can't disable the Internet Gateway or do anything with it.

misc.jpg

This has happened to me before. If I remember correctly the internal connection has the IP address from the DHCP in the router and the local area connection has an internal IP address. What I did to get rid of the internal connection is manually configure the local area connection with the address from the router. After doing that the internal connection disappeared.

:)