HOTFIXES: Win2000 SP4, WinXP SP2, WinXP SP3 and Win2003 SP2

Hi,

I have a fresh installed machines of win2k sp4.I cannot bring that machine over the internet.

I have downloaded all the updates from here.I can install them one by one but the problem is that it's too lengthy and i have to restart my machine after every update and also i have to do this in all the machines where i install the win2k sp4.

Is there any binder which would bind all these updates and provide me only one update to run.so that atleast i would save my restarting time.or any othere method by which i can update a machine which cannot be brought over the internet.

kaush

You don't have to reboot after each update - just tick the box that says not to when asked (some updates don't even do that). Rolling an installation forward from Update Rollup 1 there's at most one point in the middle where something actually requires a reboot (and it lets you know) - otherwise, just do one at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm making a Win2k3 SP2 cd with nlite without IE7 & Windows Live Messenger 8.1 installed.Can I download the post sp2 hotfixes and just add them the way they are into nlite?Or do I still need switches and do I need all the hotfixes if I'm not installing IE7 or messenger?I don't recall using switches with my sp1 cd,so I'm a little confused,plus the post assumes an install with ie7 and messenger,but doesn't say anything about an install without them.Any help is appreciated.Thanks. :blink:

hi everyone,

thanks for this topic..

I have a question about this hotfix install method.

after a clean windows XP install with SP2, I want to install all this hotfix with one click.I think I may be create a "install.cmd file"..and then make a 7zip switchless for silent installs..

Is it possible?

@Martin H;

thanks but I don't mean this exactly.I use personally ryanvm update pack already for slipstreaming my hotfixes.I want to install hoxfix also after without this..I don't want to integrate my cd..

for exam; another pc that not installing it's windows with ryanvm's update packs not used.

I want to make a one-click-set-up like @sereby's hotfix installer.but not professionall like him.

I want write a "install.cmd" with silent switches..then want to click "install.cmd"..is it possible with this switches to install silent my hotfixes after a clean set-up windows xp+SP2?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm getting a error in Windows xp Ua when trying to install after integrating the hotfixes the following error appears

2ik6scp.jpg

lsass.exe operation failed the requested operation was unsuccessful

anyone got a fix or know what hotfix causes this problem?

Regards

Edited by cypher_soundz