Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

HOTFIXES: Win2000 SP4, WinXP SP2, WinXP SP3 and Win2003 SP2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

Sonic

Sonic

Sonic

• Patrons
  • 1,603 posts
  • Joined 04-December 03
perhaps it's time to switch to winxp post SP3 updates ? opinions ?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

lcbing

lcbing

• 14 posts
  • Joined 15-November 05
Anyone have a download link for the latest WGA Validation Tool .exe file? KB892130 version 1.7.0069.2

DarkShadows

DarkShadows

The brighter the light, the darker the shadows.

• PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 12-January 05

Anyone have a download link for the latest WGA Validation Tool .exe file? KB892130 version 1.7.0069.2

Follow GUIDE: Download Everything Microsoft, WGA, WGA Notify, Windows/Microsoft/Office Update ActiveX, et. al. written by yours truly.
I'm still looking for that damned <Any> key!
Check Out My: Sysinternals Installer Builder | GUIDE: Download Everything Microsoft

lcbing

lcbing

• 14 posts
  • Joined 15-November 05
I appreciate the help, but I integrate my stuff a different way. I am actually looking for the .exe file and not the .cab file. Anyone have the link?

DarkShadows

DarkShadows

The brighter the light, the darker the shadows.

• PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Joined 12-January 05
There isn't one, thus the guide I took the time to write. You end up creating your own .exe
I'm still looking for that damned <Any> key!
Check Out My: Sysinternals Installer Builder | GUIDE: Download Everything Microsoft

Anderton

Anderton

• 32 posts
  • Joined 11-May 07

I appreciate the help, but I integrate my stuff a different way. I am actually looking for the .exe file and not the .cab file. Anyone have the link?

Hi lcbing,

File: windowsxp-kb892130-enu-x86.exe
Version: 1.7.69.2 (v1.7.0069.2)
Date: 16/april/2008 - 02:23:22 AM
Size: 1,07 MB (1.131.560 bytes)
CRC32: DB3F4299
MD5: 17AC547BD8B2D42770EC4CC766A6BA3B
SHA1: 72E487D115BE77F49F64053893A23ECB58BC59CB

Here is the link that you are looking for: :thumbup
http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/crup/2008/04/windowsxp-kb892130-enu-x86_72e487d115be77f49f64053893a23ecb58bc59cb.exe
I am like you: - I hate cab files!

Regards,
Anderton.

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Joined 31-January 07

Donator

Someone start thread with post-SP3 updates please :)

SwedenXP

SwedenXP

• PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Joined 28-September 03
I second that!

So far the updates are pretty straightforward and easy :whistle:

From a hot and sunny Sweden

/ SwedenXP B)

the_guy

the_guy

Creator of the Windows ME Service Pack

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Joined 15-July 05
I write my last exam tomorrow. After that, I'm free to update. Expect an update by this weekend.

the_guy
Creator of the Windows ME Service Pack.

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Joined 31-January 07

Donator

wow, he's alive!:D

Gruik

Gruik

• 11 posts
  • Joined 19-July 06

Someone start thread with post-SP3 updates please :)

This is what i have on my unattended slipstreamed XP SP3, with IE7 and WMP11 included :

IE7 :
KB932823.exe, KB950759.exe

SYSTEM :
KB890830.exe KB892130.exe KB905474.exe KB941569.exe KB950749.exe
KB950760.exe KB950762.exe KB951376.exe (v2 !) KB951698.exe KB951830.exe

hj_fr

hj_fr

• PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Joined 09-August 04
KB950749 and KB932823-v3 are not for SP3. It's for SP2 only.

Here, there are a list of post SP3 patchs

Project_Nightmare

Project_Nightmare
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 23-July 08
Since I'll be using this as a back-up disk, is there an easy way how to include all these patches from the system you are making the disk on? That way you don't have to redownload each individual one.

Martin H

Martin H

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Joined 24-November 06
No, but you can get the high-priority/optional updates listed on WU/MU very quickly with jcarle's WUD...

/* Moved to Linux - Thanks for a nice stay all! */
Posted Image

the_guy

the_guy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Joined 15-July 05
After a 6 month delay, the list has (finally) been updated.

Sorry everyone,

the_guy

Acheron

Acheron

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Joined 28-June 04
Were is KB951978?
Say no to bloatware. Download Nero Lite!

the_guy

the_guy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Joined 15-July 05
I'm on vacation right now, but I should have it on by next Thursday.

the_guy

TheCrowX

TheCrowX

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 24-July 04
Hi the_guy and Thanx for this Update list but i think there is a mistake about one hotfix which is
KB938127 -› Vulnerability in Vector Markup Language could allow remote code execution
Download -› 781 KB (August 13, 2007)
Switches: KB938127.exe /q /n /z

this is no more needed for windows xp sp3 i think it doesn t show up in hotfixes needed by windows update and refering to this it s needed only to windows xp service pack 2 + IE7

also this update shows up to me KB951072

and KB952287

and KB951978

and this last one about flash player also shows up for sp3

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition ; Windows XP Service Pack 2; Windows XP Service Pack 3

Thanx

Edited by TheCrowX, 17 August 2008 - 07:14 PM.

Nilfred

Nilfred

• PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Joined 18-September 04
KB950974 also affects XP SP2 and XP SP3 but you Added to W2K only
Vulnerabilities in Event System Could Allow Remote Code Execution

Updates missing from XP SP2:

KB932823 v3 ESN
You may be unable to use Windows Internet Explorer to download files on a computer that is running Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP

KB951072 v2 CHS DEU ENU ESN ITA PTB RUS
August 2008 cumulative time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems

KB952287 v2 DEU ENU ESN ITA PLK PTB RUS
An application that uses the ADO interface may malfunction, or data loss may occur when the application connects to SQL Server in Windows Vista, in Windows XP, or in Windows Server 2008
Nilfred :-)

schloss

schloss

• Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Joined 23-July 08
KB938127 has just been updated to v2 so now IE7-WindowsXP-KB938127-v2-x86-ENU.exe installs on Windows XP Service Pack 3 as well as SP2.

Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider

• PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined 18-January 04
I'm guessing this list is severely outdated? I now see the following high-priority updates.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069)
Download size: 905 KB , less than 1 minute 
A security issue has been identified in the way Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) is handled that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer that is running Microsoft Windows and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Security Update for Windows XP (KB954459)
Typical download size: 696 KB , 1 minute 
A security issue has been identified in Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
Download size: 708 KB , less than 1 minute 
A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated remote attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)
Download size: 633 KB , less than 1 minute 
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Security Update for Windows XP (KB954211)
Download size: 1.4 MB , less than 1 minute 
A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated local attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows XP (KB956391)
Download size: 486 KB , less than 1 minute 
Security issues have been identified in ActiveX controls that could allow an attacker to compromise a system that is running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Security Update for Windows XP (KB956803)
Download size: 557 KB , less than 1 minute 
A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated local attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)
Download size: 2.7 MB , less than 1 minute 

Security Update for Windows XP (KB957095)
Download size: 645 KB , less than 1 minute 
A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated remote attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB956390)
Typical download size: 2.2 MB , 2 minutes 
Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system that is running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474)
Download size: 1.3 MB , less than 1 minute 
The Windows Genuine Advantage Notification tool notifies you if your copy of Windows is not genuine. If your system is found to be non-genuine, the tool will help you obtain a licensed copy of Windows.  Details... 

Security Update for Windows XP (KB954154)
Download size: 604 KB , less than 1 minute 
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your Microsoft Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464)
Download size: 1.3 MB , less than 1 minute 
A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise a Windows-based system that uses GDI+ and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB938127)
Download size: 774 KB , less than 1 minute 
A security issue has been identified in the way Vector Markup Language (VML) is handled that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Microsoft Windows and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Update for Windows XP (KB951072)
Typical download size: 257 KB , less than 1 minute 
Install this update to resolve an issue that is caused by revised daylight saving time laws in many countries. This update enables your computer to automatically adjust the computer clock on the correct date in 2008. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Update for Windows XP (KB952287)
Download size: 643 KB , less than 1 minute 
Install this update to resolve an issue in which a malfunction or data loss occurs when using Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) components on computers that are running Windows XP SP2 or XP SP3. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Update for Windows XP (KB951978)
Typical download size: 741 KB , 1 minute 
Install this update to resolve an issue in VBScript/JScript scripts from CScript\WScript hosts, certain built-ins may not function correctly when Standards and Formats in Regional Settings is changed. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.  Details... 

Security Update for Flash Player (KB923789)

Edited by Sgt_Strider, 23 November 2008 - 09:28 PM.

thundernetbr

thundernetbr

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 03-November 03
I do believe this project is abandoned :} by now. The list of hotfixes was last updated Aug 2008 (6 months and one week ago) and the last post on this thread was last November (3 months by now).

--ThundernetBR
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H & Asus K8VSE Deluxe - AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition (2700 MHz, 64-bit, socket AM2+) & AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2200 MHz, 64-bit, socket 754) - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR2 PC6400 & 2x 512MB Kingston DDR400 - Onboard ATI Radeon HD3200 & GeXCube ATI Radeon 9600Pro 256MB AGP 8X - Windows 7 x64 and XP SP3 Tweaked - and eventually Linux live CDs...

eddie11013

eddie11013

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 15-February 07
If your still looking for the info have a look at autopatcher:

http://www.autopatch...p?showtopic=705

Hope this helps,
Eddie

Martin H

Martin H

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • Joined 24-November 06
Hint: The HFSLIP community has up-to-date update-lists for: Win2k-SP4, WinXP-SP3 and Win2k3-SP2:

http://www.msfn.org/...18-t126410.html

/* Moved to Linux - Thanks for a nice stay all! */
Posted Image

Phenomic

Phenomic

• PipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 31-July 09
I'm reinstalling Windows 2000. Over time, I have downloaded ALL hotfixes/updates using MBSA (Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer), about 140 files...

windows2000-kb9...
ie6.0sp1-kb9...
oe6.0sp1-kb94...

Do I need to install all of them? Aren't they cumulative? For example, can I just I install the LATEST for IE6 and skip the older ones? Is there a short list of must-install updates?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users