Windows Automated Installation Kit RTM

Jazkal

Here is the FINAL version of the WAIK: (Updated on 2/13/07)

WAIK Final

Now everyone has access to WinPE.

This install includes WinPE v2.0 for both x86 and x64.

EDIT: updated link(s) to include the newest build released by Microsoft.

Edited by Jazkal

You need to install the whole thing. It puts the files you are going to need to create your own modified WinPE. There are a couple of other things included, but I would say that 97% of that package is WinPE, and not other fluff you don't need. Once it's installed, if you don't need x64, you could delete those parts, and would save you around 50% or so in space.

Well the x86 winpe.wim file is 160 mb. It is in the winpe.cab file in the image.

I would be intrested to know how your going to use the wim file (without all the other tools in the package) in your Multi-Boot DVD.

You can boot WinPE 2.0 with ISOLinux just the same as you could with the older WinPE. The folder structure for this is a little different:

BOOT
ISOLINUX
SOURCES
BOOTMGR

BOOT, ISOLINUX, and SOURCES are the folders and BOOTMGR is like the old SETUPLDR.BIN. ETFSBOOT.COM in the BOOT folder is the bootsector. WinPE (BOOT.WIM 156mb) is in the SOURCES folder. Just boot with ISOLinux like normal and it should boot up fine. It did for me at least. If you just use the english fonts you can also save some spaec and delete the asian fonts in BOOT\FONTS. You need to download the 800mb image file to build WinPE (either x86 or x84). You'll end up with a ~156mb WinPE when your done.

Cheers