Cant mount WIM image made from SMS OSD FP 2003

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place but here goes..

I have set up BDD 2.5 with SMS 2003 OSD FP and all is running fine..

I can update my base WIM image made by SMS Capture wizard with drivers, Hal, software etc.

I want to see how small I can get the the WIM image.

I made a new build using the SMS capture wizard after a sysprep and the file is 460mb WIM image.

I want to verify that temp files are deleted and that the hiber.sys and pagefile.sys have been deleted so I tried to mount the WIM Image with imagex.exe /mount c:\xp.wim however I get the error data of this type is not supported.

Has anyone had this error before? and what version if any do I need to mount a WIM image created by SMS 2003 OSD? (I have searched for imagex on my sms server so it must be wrapped up in a exe somewhere)

I saw a webcast put on by Microsoft that basically said that the WIM format in the SMS 2003 OSDFP could be considered version 0.5, while the WIM format of Vista would be verson 1.0.

I was never able to mount an SMS 2003 OSD image, but the last time I tried was before beta 1 of Vista, so the tools may be able to mount the images now. We gave up on OSD so we don't have any WIMs from it to play with.

What version of ImageX are you using? I'd pull down the final WAIK and use that if you aren't already.

You are most correct I was menat to reply to myself but I am been ill.

Anyhows..

SMS2003 OSD FP creates 0.9 Version WIM Files which you cant do anything with except deploy.

There is an update which updates the WIM image to version 1.0 which is the same version in Vista and the WAIK.

This is all set up now and it rocks my image is 380 mb !

I boot WINPE 1.5 into RAM on the target machine, do my drives and asset management stuff. then pull my WIM image down and what ever I set in my customsettings.ini file I can do anything...

Currently Doing MAC query for the name and WMI Query for the HAL and drivers the ZTI script updates everything on the fly within my sysprep.

I got 300 sites, 12,000 desktops and this rocks looking forward to the BDD2007 RTM.

If anyone needs any guidance or help on the BDD 2.5 I be only to pleased to help! seen I prob asked every question about it now.

I am using SMS 2003 but you could easily use the lite touch with WIM and WINPE to get what you want.

Life is so sweet now this is working.