Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

TClock3 0.3.5

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Drugwash

Drugwash

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
So, WildBill, is there a chance for you to test this under a Win98 system? There are a bunch of bugs and glitches, more or less crittical and they're pretty delicate to catch, reproduce and/or describe.

Although you lately fixed some issues under Win2k, the 98 ones are still there, three of which are quite major, namely:
- Explorer crash on exit
- Systray icons missing
- Resource leak/excessive usage

Another disturbing issue is the fact that auto-hide doesn't work at all with TClock3, so any maximized window will be behind the taskbar. Given that I always keep the taskbar at the top, access to min/max/close titlebar buttons is denied.

Recently, while testing 0.3.0-0.3.2, I noticed that simply hovering quicklaunch icons raises CPU usage to 100%.

And one other bug I noticed is that the taskbar height can be resized to a value of zero. I simply disabled the sizebar and played dragging the taskbar to raise and lower its height; at one point I dropped it while it was completely invisible (zero height). It couldn't be restored, neither by reenabling the sizebar, nor by closing TClock3 - a reboot was necessary.

I have to mention that I've installed the '256 color' patched explorer.exe (4.72.3612.1710) - dunno if that has any impact on TClock3's behavior.

The above is just a quick review of the most important issues that are present on my system. Only intended as a feedback. Please keep up the good work and hopefully you'll be able to find and fix the 98 issues. :hello:

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 695 posts
Fun with screenshots. Laptop running Win2k SP4...forgive the quality, but there's a 200k limit :unsure:

Attached Files

marxo

marxo

UI Designer

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
[off] Please post that screenshot [/off]

Posted Image
You don't wanna click there.

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 695 posts
Huh? Please post what screenshot?

marxo

marxo

UI Designer

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Wallpaper... Sorry I am a bit tired...

Posted Image

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 695 posts
I dare not as it's copyrighted...it comes with Windows 2000, in the WINNT\Web\Wallpaper folder :angel

Edited by WildBill, 16 August 2007 - 11:50 PM.

marxo

marxo

UI Designer

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Oh... Didn't realize that it is in W2K... Tnx...

Posted Image

damian666

damian666

creator of the vistapack

• Developer
  • 678 posts
Hi wildbill, say, does that skinning of the windows work for you? or is it not working at all?
i cant to seem to get it working you know...

could you please let me know?

damian666
Posted Image

Drugwash

Drugwash

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
Off-topic: WildBill, you may create an account at ImageShack and upload any pictures you like. The size limit per picture is much higher (1024kB, IIRC) and there's no global limit on the number of pictures. They automatically offer thumbnail code for forums.

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 695 posts

Hi wildbill, say, does that skinning of the windows work for you? or is it not working at all?
i cant to seem to get it working you know...

could you please let me know?

damian666

I've been able to get things like WindowBlinds button halos to work (though not perfectly). Skinning things like window borders isn't implemented. The reason (for now, at least) that TClock3 has to know about border images is because, if you're using WindowBlinds, it has to know where the max/min/close buttons are.

RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Fun with screenshots. Laptop running Win2k SP4...forgive the quality, but there's a 200k limit :unsure:

You're way under the limit!

Edited by RJARRRPCGP, 17 August 2007 - 04:07 PM.

Asus P5QL Pro, Core 2 Duo E4500, eVGA GeForce 9500 GT with XP Pro x64 Edition -> Works great with Asus P5QL Pro!

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 695 posts
Not really. The forum has a 200k limit for the total of all attachments, and I had attached seven pictures.

RJARRRPCGP

RJARRRPCGP

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Not really. The forum has a 200k limit for the total of all attachments, and I had attached seven pictures.

Then make a separate post for each one. That's how I have been doing it.
Asus P5QL Pro, Core 2 Duo E4500, eVGA GeForce 9500 GT with XP Pro x64 Edition -> Works great with Asus P5QL Pro!

marxo

marxo

UI Designer

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
It would be too much, I still think uploading to something like imageshack is the best.

Posted Image

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 695 posts
I'm slowly getting general skinning working, starting with window borders. I don't know if this is all that necessary, but I've made rapid progress...

TClock3 0.3.3 also has quite a lot of changes made to the registry. I've moved a lot of the image properties to a standard pop-up dialog and I've standardized many of the registry settings as a result. This will break compatibility with existing setups, so you'll have to make some changes to the settings when you run it. Of course, if you're using a WindowBlinds skin, a simple solution is to simply reload the skin and click Ok.

Attached Files

Edited by WildBill, 01 September 2007 - 12:45 PM.

Targaff

Targaff

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
Bill: do you have any ideas about my flashing/blinking taskbar issue?

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 695 posts
I haven't tried setting it to display seconds, but I'll try to remember to test it before I release it. At the moment getting border skinning working correctly is consuming all of my attention...

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 695 posts
I tried a custom format setting of h:nn:ss tt and the seconds ticked fine with no flickering.

System specs:

Windows 2000 Pro SP4
Intel P-IV 3.4GHz
4Gb RAM
ATI Radeon X1800XT

What type of system are you seeing flickering on? Is the entire taskbar flickering? If not, which part of it is?

provolino

provolino

• PipPip
  • 151 posts
Is it possible to see some screenshots of how this pack transform Windows 2000 without any additional software like WindowBlinds etc.?

Thanks a lot :)

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 695 posts
There are some on earlier pages in this thread that I posted specifically to show what it can do.

damian666

damian666

creator of the vistapack

• Developer
  • 678 posts
Nice one wildbill, please hit me with the new update.

cant wait for it to see it man.

damian666
Posted Image

Targaff

Targaff

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts

What type of system are you seeing flickering on?

WIN2K SP4 + USP5 is the OS. System specs are Athlon M 2400, 1 GB RAM, GeForceFX 5500.

Is the entire taskbar flickering? If not, which part of it is?

Yeah, the whole taskbar. Actually I checked and it flickers for me on the second even if seconds aren't used in the clock format any time the taskbar is not in focus. If I get the chance i'll try to make a short clip of it so you can see what's happening (not just now, though).

provolino

provolino

• PipPip
  • 151 posts

There are some on earlier pages in this thread that I posted specifically to show what it can do.

Ok WildBill, downloading now :)

Targaff

Targaff

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
WildBill: seen this at all? I just stumbled across it.

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 695 posts
Hee-hee. It appears to be another fork of TClock2, like mine is. It will be interesting to see where it leads. I'm not sure if I've seen it before or not. I think the author asked me if we wanted to collaborate, but I'm not sure. I don't spend nearly as much time on this as I'd like so my memory is hazy.

Edited by WildBill, 19 September 2007 - 06:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN