Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

TClock3 0.3.5

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

damian666

damian666

creator of the vistapack

• Developer
  • 679 posts
  • Joined 19-July 06
well, listen up man, the option to run with the inifile as cmdlne option does not work any more.
this is because you must set the full skinning option before it takes all the settings.
cant you fix that?

damian666

untitled.png

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

labman

labman
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 10-January 08
I am using Tclock 2.2.8 many years , I Like it very much.

Today ,I have try this one , Tclock3 very slowly , I don't Like it!
Synchronize not work.

Stoic Joker

Stoic Joker

I Hate Titles

• PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Joined 16-August 05

Hee-hee. It appears to be another fork of TClock2, like mine is. It will be interesting to see where it leads. I'm not sure if I've seen it before or not. I think the author asked me if we wanted to collaborate, but I'm not sure. I don't spend nearly as much time on this as I'd like so my memory is hazy.

It's not that hazy! :)

Yes it's (yet another) fork of Two_toNe's TClock2, development on it has been stagnant for over a year as I've been tied up with work. It's still written in C and comes with both 32 & 64bit versions.

I don't recall what it was that I'd offered to help with either ... but I do vaguely remember doing it.

:)

damian666

damian666

creator of the vistapack

• Developer
  • 679 posts
  • Joined 19-July 06
@wildbill, how is it going man, any update news?
btw, the ini option still works, it was me who made a mistake.
let me know of any progress ok?

damian666

untitled.png

_ck_

_ck_

• 21 posts
  • Joined 02-January 08
I've been using tclock2 on my win2k install for years now, feels wrong without it.

Was looking at this one, and I wanted to suggest a feature that would make me upgrade:

tclock should be able to track multiple timezones like FoxClocks:
http://www.stemhaus....efox/foxclocks/

It feels silly to have a plugin inside firefox just so I can mouse-over the corner and see what time it is for my friends around the world. Makes much more sense to be able to do it via a mouse-over of the system clock, no?

Attached File  foxclocks_example.jpg   45.79KB   8 downloads

Thanks for considering!

Drugwash

Drugwash

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Joined 21-June 06
I'm using DSClock for that purpose on Win98SE, since TClock has issues on such systems anyway.

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 697 posts
  • Joined 09-August 05
The next feature I add to TClock3 will probably be shared memory. As it stands right now, TClock3 is a real resource hog (as Win98 users can attest) and I'm trying to figure out how to put the skins in only one process instance.

damian666

damian666

creator of the vistapack

• Developer
  • 679 posts
  • Joined 19-July 06
i anm glad to see you will continue development man. :D

hope to see the next version soon...

damian666

Edited by damian666, 24 March 2008 - 01:53 AM.

untitled.png

Lunac

Lunac

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 09-July 05
Wow. Every time I run 0.3.4 on one of my Win2k servers it slowly slows down and until the machine becomes totally unresponsive. Takes about 20 to 30 seconds. Buggy!

zeroFX

zeroFX

random lateral thinker

• 39 posts
  • Joined 16-August 06
Haha, and the DL-site for TClock3 says: "date: 15.11.2008" o.O nice one … - maybe should rename to TimeTravel3 ^^

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 697 posts
  • Joined 09-August 05
Uploaded TClock3 0.3.5 and edited the top post...

Edited by WildBill, 14 August 2008 - 08:38 PM.

damian666

damian666

creator of the vistapack

• Developer
  • 679 posts
  • Joined 19-July 06
great man, i thought you were gone or something :D

Damian666

untitled.png

Drugwash

Drugwash

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Joined 21-June 06
I see file description on download page specifies Win2000 only. If this is the case, then please edit first post and remove Win98 references as they would be misguiding.

Deof Movestofca

Deof Movestofca
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 27-November 07
With W2K SP4 (full updates) and TClock3_0.3.5

BUGS
1) Upon running TClock3, two blue (same color as the first/left color of the active window's title bar, I'm guessing) bars appear, one behind the rebar gripper , one just to the left of the system tray. Other toolbars that I open have similar blue bar behind the rebar gripper. Bars remain even after closing TClock3.
2) No icon in system tray for TClock3 (I had to right-click to the right of the tray clock to bring up menu);
3) Wiped out my tray clock when hiding and then unhiding start button (tray shifts to the left side of the toolbar, then shifts back and clock disappears). Clock reappears when TClock3 is closed, but disappears again when I run TClock3.

Thanks!

Deof Movestofca

Deof Movestofca
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 27-November 07

Haha, and the DL-site for TClock3 says: "date: 15.11.2008" o.O nice one … - maybe should rename to TimeTravel3 ^^

Maybe they're using alternate notation for the date (like Stardate...).

Drugwash

Drugwash

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Joined 21-June 06
Tried it in 98SE and it froze Explorer here, together with everything else. Dunno if it has anything to do with UberSkin 8.2.8 already installed.

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 697 posts
  • Joined 09-August 05

With W2K SP4 (full updates) and TClock3_0.3.5

BUGS
1) Upon running TClock3, two blue (same color as the first/left color of the active window's title bar, I'm guessing) bars appear, one behind the rebar gripper , one just to the left of the system tray. Other toolbars that I open have similar blue bar behind the rebar gripper. Bars remain even after closing TClock3.
2) No icon in system tray for TClock3 (I had to right-click to the right of the tray clock to bring up menu);

That's not a bug. That's how it's designed. You're supposed to click on the Clock (I didn't design it that way, that's how TClock2 is, and TClock3 grew out of it).

3) Wiped out my tray clock when hiding and then unhiding start button (tray shifts to the left side of the toolbar, then shifts back and clock disappears). Clock reappears when TClock3 is closed, but disappears again when I run TClock3.

Thanks!

Meados

Meados

• 29 posts
  • Joined 07-September 08
Seems tclock (lateste version) don't work in my pc.

Windows xp sp4 portuguese.

When I open it crashes my start menu task bar for some seconds and the don't happen nothing, but i check the processes and it still running.. :(

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 697 posts
  • Joined 09-August 05
I haven't tested it on XP in a very long time, so I'm not surprised. At one point I'll give it a try, but at the moment I have bigger fish to fry...

http://www.savefile.com/files/1807085

This is a partial screenshot of my most recent test. It isn't my entire desktop; for testing I'm using a window that covers only part of the screen because at this point I still need access to un-skinned areas.

Why? That's because of what this represents.

Aside from the fact that I'm skinning a lot of stuff how, this is a "topmost" window that's being painted by Direct3D 9. I'm redirecting GDI painting (not everything, but a lot at this point) to textures that I've allocated, where each window has a texture of its own. This lets me have alpha-blended borders :)

It was done on Win2k SP4, and while there is a LOT that isn't working, I'm making steady if slow progress. I've been working on it just about every day, and to say that it's a MAJOR pain in the butt is a huge understatement. But I AM making progress, and the goal is to reach alpha-blended borders, with a blurring vertex shader -- like a certain other OS we know. At this point I think it's possible, though getting GDI to play nice is giving me fits. I only just got mouse-clicking on menu bars working tonight, and I still have to get clicking on them to close them working. One tiny step at a time, with maybe a million left to go.

I doubt that this will work on Win98, though now I have most of a framework in place to share textures so not every application will eventually have to load the skin. It's not in place yet, but I plan to give it a try at some point and hopefully that should at least solve the GDI resources problem. I can't guarantee that I'll do it for the next version, but it's at least in sight now.

Drugwash

Drugwash

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Joined 21-June 06
Forgive me if I'm too blunt, but XP already has its own native skinnning system, while 9x/2000 do not. Sure, there's Uberskin for 98SE and it works fantastic, but there's always place for more.

If you really do care about 9x, I could perform certain tests, time allowing. At this point, any help to improve/keep alive the 9x family is more than welcome.

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 697 posts
  • Joined 09-August 05
Just a little update: I *finally* think I've beaten a deadlock issue that was driving me crazy and now version 0.3.6 looks a lot closer. I'm working on it a little at a time...nothing too crazy, but it's already light-years better than 0.3.5.

Jamochawoke

Jamochawoke
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 28-May 08
Thanks for all your hard work! I've been trying to get tclock3 that came with Vistapack2000 to run on Win2k but no luck, just keeps getting messier and messier the more options I toggle on/off and I still can't get any of the images that came with Vistapack to make it look like the Vista taskbar to work either (the start button and backgrounds). But I've seen screenies of how it can look so I'm really anxious for the next version to come out! Hopefully it will be a little more straightforward to use.

hstanton

hstanton
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 25-February 09
WildBill,

My first post here, to say thanks for tclock3!

I run a small engineering firm and still run win 2k on the floor - 12 machines.
I really needed to upgrade our install base but cash is way tight. Needless to say it would cost me major bucks to upgrade all to vi$ta.
So after about 60 hrs of hacking along with TClock3, Nlite, Icontweaker, Reshacker, Lucid, RocketDock and about 400 updates/hotfixes and a handful of reghacks i have an Uber win2k install that rivals XP and vista for eye candy, is rock solid stable and boots with only 19 processes and on 114mb of memory.
I'm still working on the start menu - all else is very vi$ta like.

TClock3 is the foundation of the makeover - a million thanks!!!

Keep up the great work

Tripo

Tripo

• PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 23-April 08
Hello one question.
what is the switches for loading an ini settings file on startup.
because when I start tClock3 I need to go to tclock properties and load settings then it works.
so is there any command switch for load setting or is it only "tclock3.exe inifilename.ini"

and thanks for your hard work on great stuff.

Edited by Tripo, 28 March 2009 - 05:54 AM.

WildBill

WildBill

• Developer
  • 697 posts
  • Joined 09-August 05
-loadini=<inifile>

I haven't worked on TClock3 in quite some time, as SmoothText will be replacing it. By the end of April, I'm hoping, SmoothText's skinning engine will be running (though likely incomplete).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users