Invision Power Board has an exploit?

RJARRRPCGP

please dont make me laugh here...

Powered by Invision Power Board(U) v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.

you really think we still have such an old build running here on msfn...? IPB is nearly finished developing version 2.2 and we are running 2.1.x here on msfn...

And another thing is... that site is using a lot of hacks... and those hacks might have exploits...

So the statement that all the IPB boards are "providing" a virus to its users only applies to that site.

you really think we still have such an old build running here on msfn...? IPB is nearly finished developing version 2.2 and we are running 2.1.x here on msfn...

And another thing is... that site is using a lot of hacks... and those hacks might have exploits...

So the statement that all the IPB boards are "providing" a virus to its users only applies to that site.

No. I believe that a virus writer found an exploit in IPB and managed to inject virus code into the server.

But it appears to only effect Java. (not JavaScript)

Also, I didn't see anything saying if this was an old virus or not. Sounded like a new virus.

The poster over at ocforums.com said that the Java tray icon appears and that it started downloading some data then closed.

I posted this thread, because I have been worried about a virus spree. Because there's a newly discovered exploit that's likely being acted on by a new virus, probably the Workstation service in Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP 2002 SP2. (Windows XP 2002 actually is what regular Windows XP non-server is )

I have proof. Look on the box of plain ol Windows XP, it will say 2002. (not the copyright year!)

Apparently 2003 was supposed to be an updated Windows XP, but decided to make a server version only!

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

I hate when they do that... using 1.3 is really taking your life into your own hands, especially on a big board.

Edited by WBHoenig