Installation Problems

coldfuzzion

I was wondering if anyone else who has downloaded vista business from eopen has had any problems with it. Currently I can not install vista onto my pc. I have previous installed vista rc2 onto my computer without any problems, thats why this is throwing me for a loop.

When I start by booting off of the dvd, it starts to load the windows setup process but I always get the same error.

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

It basically tells me that I need to run a repair on my windows installation, the only problem is that there is not a installation of windows on this computer, vista, XP, nothing...

At first I thought that maybe it was just a problem with the download, so I tried both the 32bit and 64 bit downloads, both have the same problem. Then I thought maybe it was the business edition, so I downloaded the enterprise edition (from eopen) and I still have the same problem.

Next I tested my hdd (DFT) and memory (Memtest86+) to make sure that they passed and they did...

My test rig shouldn't have any problems with vista (I say this because it installed RC2 fine)

Amd 3800+

6800 XFX GT

2 gb corsair

320 Wd hdd

450 power supply

Just to double check, I tried to install my RC2 vista again, and it still works... any ideas?

Edited by coldfuzzion

not sure what eopen is.

Anyway, re-burn the DVD at a low speed like 2x and try the install again and see if that helps. And....dont try to upgrade over a previous beta version.

I was wondering if anyone else who has downloaded vista business from eopen has had any problems with it. Currently I can not install vista onto my pc. I have previous installed vista rc2 onto my computer without any problems, thats why this is throwing me for a loop.

When I start by booting off of the dvd, it starts to load the windows setup process but I always get the same error.

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

It basically tells me that I need to run a repair on my windows installation, the only problem is that there is not a installation of windows on this computer, vista, XP, nothing...

At first I thought that maybe it was just a problem with the download, so I tried both the 32bit and 64 bit downloads, both have the same problem. Then I thought maybe it was the business edition, so I downloaded the enterprise edition (from eopen) and I still have the same problem.

Next I tested my hdd (DFT) and memory (Memtest86+) to make sure that they passed and they did...

My test rig shouldn't have any problems with vista (I say this because it installed RC2 fine)

Amd 3800+

6800 XFX GT

2 gb corsair

320 Wd hdd

450 power supply

Just to double check, I tried to install my RC2 vista again, and it still works... any ideas?

Edited by Spooky

eOpen is a licensing term from Microsoft, and it's for Open license customers:

https://eopen.microsoft.com/EN/default.asp

Normally I'd say the medium was bad, but if you've tried multiple downloads and burns, perhaps not. I would suggest (if you can) trying the discs in a virtual machine (Virtual PC/Virtual Server or VMware) on another machine, just to make sure you don't get any errors there.

Oh yeah, I remember now...

eOpen is a licensing term from Microsoft, and it's for Open license customers:

https://eopen.microsoft.com/EN/default.asp

Normally I'd say the medium was bad, but if you've tried multiple downloads and burns, perhaps not. I would suggest (if you can) trying the discs in a virtual machine (Virtual PC/Virtual Server or VMware) on another machine, just to make sure you don't get any errors there.

I think that Vista Image was bad. I downloaded that file 4 times, from 4 different PCs. I used several different tools to load that ".img" file into a virutal Drive. I found that several files (autoload.dll, arunres.dll, boot.win...etc) with all null "0". Not a single "1" in them. Thus it looks like we bought a lot of "0" and no "1"s.

I called Microsoft on it. A "SA Support" rep, verified my findings and told me that his manager was having somebody work on it 10am this morning 11/20/2006. That was 4 downloads at 3/4 hours each. yuck...

but I will try for my 5th download on Tuesday of next week anyway.

I confirm that the downloaded image from eOpen (as of 2006/11/23) is OK and I was able to install it.

The MD5 of this "new" image is different from the one downloaded earlier (2006/11/20).

I cannot understand were the problem was (ms downloaded manager or other trivial problem).

The good news is that now it works! :-)