vLite 0.5 alpha - Vista Lite

nuhi

While I haven't installed it or started testing yet, just from the postings so far I'd say nuhi, you've got another piece of magic happening here. Kudos to you for all the hard work you've put in, and thanks...

Now lemme find that Vista DVD...

Wow, I've tried Vista in Virtual PC and I hated it. With vLite it's not hard to see why. 200MB of games? 100MB of wallpapers?

Thanks nuhi, another excellent program. Will future versions have any options to make the GUI more like XP, for example getting rid of the search box in the explorer pane?

Edited by amigafan

@LeveL: uhm vista runs smooth on 256MB? if you check your taskmanager, vista is using ALL of the ram AND using 200-300MB hdd space for swap. this is the same for 512MB. Someone i know who has 4GB of ram said vista will use around 1GB-1.3GB. It must be caching alot of stuff...i wonder if it can be turned off?

everytihng removed....install time.....13 mins :thumbup:thumbup

Bugs:

WLM 8.1 - still requires windows mail, otherwise characters used in your nick names, arent displayed properly

look here for details Click

im currently building a new iso.....with mail included....i will report back in about an hour

can't wait for this to really start kicking off :)

good option (tweak) would be to change the scanning settings for defender, like disabling real-time protection, and creating a weekly/daily scan

having the real-time protection enabled with defender gives you a performance hit

only works with 5744 and up, RC1 was 5600 i think so no..

yeah defender whilst it can be a pain, its a good effort by ms, they needed to do something to sort out spyware and did a good job imo

but not all of us need its features

Roufneck, so it didn't report to you that it is read-only, ok, but anyway now you all know, copy the source to the HDD first like in nLite...I'll work on better scan of that in next one.

No, only got the mounting image error.