Which installation technique can I use?

Hi there,

I would like to make a sort of XP installation CD/DVD for my business in order to put the media in the dvd-reader and just install winxp with everything on it. (almost everything :P )

The client doesn't have to choose which application to install (that's my job). So no such things as choosing applications in a menu. The only is that I've got multiple domains so I have to choose a domain and a computername before/during installation.

I'd like also to update the CD/DVD as applications could change from version :yes: and passwords also

So my question would be; What method/technique can I use to do this? We don't use RIS but SMS 2003 for further application installs but if I can I put most of the applications in the image.

And I also would use the image through BDD if possible to deploy it (in the future if possible)

Simple question: If I make an unattended xp cd can I use my WinXP SP2 already integrated or do I have to make an XP with SP2 integrated for that? :}

Edited by Kingskawn

sorry these types of questions should be asked in the unattended xp forum,, but ill try to give you quick answer,,

youll have to make a new disk every time you want it updated, and you may possible be able to use wpi in a network install method, of you want each domin to use diffeent setups,,

but im sure some one else can anwer these questions better then me,,

Simple question: If I make an unattended xp cd can I use my WinXP SP2 already integrated or do I have to make an XP with SP2 integrated for that? :}

Since the consequence (the result) of splisptremaing an XP CD to SP2 state is the same, as using plain SP2ed CD..you can use whichever suits you best. :)

And for the whole unattended CD, the best is to use a complex solution.