Symantec AV 10.1.4.4000

TruBlu01

I was using:

echo Installing SAV 10.0.1.2000...

msiexec /i "c:\Apps\SAV\Symantec AntiVirus.msi" ADDLOCAL=SAVMain,SAVUI,SAVHelp,EMailTools,OutlookSnapin NETWORKTYPE=2

for years in the cleanup.bat file without issues. I recently replaced Symantec Antivirus.msi, Data1.cab, and VDefHub.zip with updated 10.1.4.4000 files and now it does not install during my unattended install. Did Symantec change any thing that anyone knows about?

Thanks,

Marc

I've been using the same switches since SAVCE 10.0. I don't use MSIEXEC in mine; I'm using Symantec's setup.exe.

REGEDIT /S .\SAV10Fix\NoScan.reg

Setup.exe /S /V"/qn NETWORKTYPE=2 RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS"

.\SAV10Fix\SAV4010.msp /quiet /norestart

%windir%\system32\xcopy.exe ".\SAV10Fix\grc.dat" "%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\"

1) Registry file to disable the silly startup scan

2) SAVECE silent install

3) 10.1.4.4010 patch

4) Copy settings file (if you have the full client/server CD it has a utility to build the file)

- Jason

REGEDIT /S .\SAV10Fix\NoScan.reg

Here's the .reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\Custom Tasks]
"CreatedUserQuickScan"=dword:00000001
"CopiedDefaultScanOptions"=dword:00000001

• 2 weeks later...
I was using:

msiexec /i "c:\Apps\SAV\Symantec AntiVirus.msi" ADDLOCAL=SAVMain,SAVUI,SAVHelp,EMailTools,OutlookSnapin NETWORKTYPE=2

for years in the cleanup.bat file without issues. I recently replaced Symantec Antivirus.msi, Data1.cab, and VDefHub.zip with updated 10.1.4.4000 files and now it does not install during my unattended install. Did Symantec change any thing that anyone knows about?

Thanks,

Marc

Hi, I had a similar problem, until I noticed that the installer complained about a file missing.

The installer wants to run LUSETUP.EXE during install, so just download the newest LiveUpdate from Symantec, rename it LUSETUP.EXE and replace the original in the installer folder.

I was using:

Thanks,

Marc

Hi, I had a similar problem, until I noticed that the installer complained about a file missing.

The installer wants to run LUSETUP.EXE during install, so just download the newest LiveUpdate from Symantec, rename it LUSETUP.EXE and replace the original in the installer folder.

Thanks, I only have these files in the install folder: data1.cab, SAV.msi, VDefhub.zip Is there more to it now? Isn't the LUSETUP.EXE in the SAV.msi?

Also, do I need the msiexec /i before the actual command? as in

msiexec /i c:\Apps\SAV\SAV.msi ADDLOCAL=SAVMain,SAVUI,SAVHelp,EMailTools,OutlookSnapin

NETWORKTYPE=2 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn

• 2 weeks later...

I was using:

Thanks,

Marc

Thanks, I only have these files in the install folder: data1.cab, SAV.msi, VDefhub.zip Is there more to it now? Isn't the LUSETUP.EXE in the SAV.msi?

Also, do I need the msiexec /i before the actual command? as in

msiexec /i c:\Apps\SAV\SAV.msi ADDLOCAL=SAVMain,SAVUI,SAVHelp,EMailTools,OutlookSnapin

NETWORKTYPE=2 REBOOT=ReallySuppress /qn

I am also using SAV build 10.1.4.4000 with the following command (using runonceex.cmd)

"%systemdrive%\install\sav10\symantecantivirus.msi NetworkType=1 Servername=parentserver /qb"

in the sav10 folder I have the pki folder (with certificate for parent server), 0x0409.ini, Data1.cab, grc.dat (from parent server), instmsiw.exe, lusetup.exe, setup.exe, setup.ini. symantecantivirus.msi, & vdefhub.zip

I grabbed the grc.dat straight from the parent server's VPHOME share

Works fine.

Also install a point patch after the install completes and a reboot is done

"%systemdrive%\install\sav10\sav10.1.4.4020.msp reboot=reallysuppress /qb"