Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

need to start vpn program before logon screen

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

barneygray

barneygray
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 28-July 05
I need to be able to start sonic global vpn client before i log on so that i can be authorised on the remote domain to access shared folders. I think this needs to happen after the network has initialised. there is a command line option to start the program.

any ideas are welcome.

thanks
barneygray

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

allen2

allen2

Not really Newbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • Joined 13-January 06
You can try to install it as a service. Look for reskit utilities instsrv.exe and srvany.exe to create the service.

PsyCrow

PsyCrow
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 24-November 06
barneygray, try this:

1. Create cmd (bat) file, that starts your vpn client software. For ex.:

-------start of Connect2VPN.cmd -------

start "c:\program files\sonicvpn.exe" /cmd

-------end of Connect2VPN.cmd -------

2. Hit Windows+R, or open "Run" from Start Menu. Type in gpedit.msc & hit OK.
3. Go to Computer Configuration->Windows Settings->Scripts (Startup\Shutdow)
3. Doble click on Startup, then in opened dialog click Show Files. Explorer window will open. Copy perviously created cmd file in to this location. Then get back to dialog and click Add. Choose cmd file you copied. Click Ok. Then open Startup again and verify that your cmd script listed there.
4. Now you are finished. Your cmd file will be run after network initialization, launching vpn client.

You may also try to make a shortcut to your vpn client with needed command line, instead of cmd file. This should work too.

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,252 posts
  • Joined 09-September 01
This is usually done by hooking into winlogon.exe by the developer, but the startup script should work just fine.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

IcemanND

IcemanND

MSFN Junkie

• Super Moderator
  • 3,266 posts
  • Joined 24-September 03
See what this does for you.

Configuring Windows Networking for Remote Access. Use this documentation to configure Windows to logon to the Windows Network after the VPN tunnel is established.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users