Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Win98SE drag-in-drop filecopy invalid parameter

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

spod

spod
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Hi,

The other day I was creating a few large zip files on my 20g D: drive. The files were 3 and 4 GB respectively. When I tried to copy the files to my 40g E: drive I get an error message stating something like 'unable to copy - invalid parameter'

Apparently Fat32 supports the file size as I can read it, extract and compare it ... I just cannot copy.

Is this a artificial restriction in file copy? An artifact of earlier windows routines?

Any ideas how to move these files? I want to move the 20g to another computer.

thanx in advance for any insights

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Carmon

Carmon

MSFN's Local Mental Case

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
:) Nope sorry i anit got a Clue but wat Zip progrma u using sumthimes its that but i dunno really sorry

jayroller

jayroller

The Hindoo Howdo Hoodoo Voodo Man of George Formby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
Winzip 8.x has trouble with zips over 2gb (from personal experience, that is), try winzip 9. Also, I think it's just about on the limit of the max filesize for Fat32 - give winzip9 a try, or failing that, use WinRAR (which gives better compression anyway). Failing that, just copy the files across unzipped. Best of luck :)

datars

datars
  • Members
  • 5 posts
WinZip SUCKS!!! There is a better program call WinRAR v3.20.

You can try before you buy.
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. You may try WinRAR before buy, its trial version is available.

There site
http://www.rarlab.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN