Programs are terminated after installation of IE7

Mamoun

Hi,

After installing Internet explorer 7, Any Software that uses IE core files and dlls silently crashes, I found the error is because of a dll called ntdll.dll (C:/windows/system32/ntdll.dll).

Returning to IE6 fixes this issue.

Any suggestions, please?

www.opera.com :thumbup

If you want to try installing it again and encounter the same problem, use Dial-A-Fix and see if that resolves the issue.

I'm already a big fan of Opera, one of my favorite browsers :thumbup

And I don't use IE 7 (As it is)

Anyway, I tried re-installing, But didn't work, Sorry I don't know what do you mean with Dial-A-Fix. :blushing:

Ntdll.dll is just an API .dll, which means that it's an application making an API call (via ntdll.dll) to the OS that IE is causing to terminate, likely due to local machine lockdown (IE6 did this only for apps that register themselves to use the lockdown zone, but IE7 does the opposite - you have to "opt out"). This really affects applications that embed web browser controls, or load files embedded in web pages used in the application. These types of apps will have some issues running once IE7 is installed due to the local machine lockdown being enforced by default. Take a look here, and let me know if this sounds like what you're seeing, and if the workarounds listed here work (they should):

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost....17&SiteID=1