Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

Anyone have an idea on this one? The files are in the Update folder where they should be but its not looking in the right place.

The D:\I386\KB826939.cat catalog file was not found and the user decided to skip this file.

The system cannot find the file specified.

I added my cmd and inf files as well as screen shot of my update folder

configs.zip

Just a question about automating my hotfixes. Does this look right for my svcpack.inf?

[SetupHotfixesToRun]
update.exe -q -n
KB823182.exe /Q /O /N /Z
KB824105.exe /Q /O /N /Z
KB824141.exe /Q /O /N /Z
KB825119.exe /Q /O /N /Z
KB828028.exe /Q /O /N /Z
KB828035.exe /Q /O /N /Z
q330994.exe /Q:A /R:N
Q828026.exe /Q /O /N /Z
Q832894.exe /Q:A /R:N
qchain.exe

Thanks!

Hi evryone,

Tat collection of hotfixes is nice,Three cheers to you aaron. Is there a similar list some where for getting the recommended updates too.

I tried to get them trough windows update but I ended up installing them and I don't now what hot fixes I need now. Can some one help plz cuz It is not practical to reinstall the xp just to get the list of hotfixes.

Tahnks

You can look in your Installation History at Windows Update to find out what you installed. But anyway, here's the latest (14 updates on Recommended):

Update for Windows XP HighMAT Support in CD Writing Wizard (KB831240)

Download size: 1.8 MB

This extension allows you to create HighMAT CDs of your digital photos, music, and videos optimized for viewing on consumer electronic devices and player software. HighMAT CD Writing offers easier navigation and preserves important information about your music, photos, and videos like song name, artist name, album name, and genre. After you install this item, you may need to restart your computer. Read more...

Update for Microsoft Windows XP (KB826942)

Download size: 275 KB

Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) support is now available for Microsoft Windows XP. This update provides additional wireless security capabilities for the latest generation of wireless networking equipment supporting WPA. After you install this item, you may need to restart your computer. Read more...

Update for Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 (KB829558)

Download size: 2.8 MB

Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 (SP8) provides the latest updates to the Jet 4.0 database engine with Windows XP, and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article KB829558. Download now to get the most current updates for Jet 4.0. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Read more...

Recommended Update for Windows XP SP1 (KB822603)

Download size: 341 KB

This update addresses the "Availability of the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and 2.0 Update" issue in Windows XP and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article 822603. Download now to install the Windows XP SP1 USB 1.1 and 2.0 update. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Read more...

Windows Error Reporting: Recommended Update (Windows XP)

Download size: 346 KB

This update will enable the user to automatically view responses to Windows error reports. After submitting an error report, if information relating to the crash event is available such as a fix, workaround, or other information, then the response may be viewed immediately and automatically. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Read more...

820291: Recommended Update (Windows XP)

Download size: 1.0 MB

This update adds a new icon for the “Set Program Access and Defaults” feature to the second column of the Start menu. It also adds a “Help” button and help content. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Read more...

Recommended Update for Windows XP SP1 (817778)

Download size: 1.2 MB

The Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP is a set of platform technologies designed for the use and deployment of advanced networking solutions. It includes an updated IPv6 stack supporting NAT traversal for IPv6 applications, an IPv6 firewall, and a peer-to-peer platform for writing distributed solutions. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Read more...

814995: Recommended Update

Download size: 994 KB

This update addresses the "Some Application Compatibility Fixes Stop Working After You Install the 328310 Update" issue in Windows XP, and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article 814995. Download now to update application compatibility fixes. After installing this update, you may have to restart your computer. Read more...

Q322011: Recommended Update

Download size: 417 KB

This update addresses the "Preview is Unavailable in Fax Console with Windows XP SP1" issue in Windows XP, and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q322011. Download now to use Preview in the Fax Console with Windows XP. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Read more...

Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer (Windows XP)

Download size: 7.0 MB

This accessory allows people who do not have a computer running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition to view files that were created in Microsoft Windows Journal on a Tablet PC. Read more...

Q327405: Recommended Update (Windows XP Professional)

Download size: 1.3 MB

This update provides new information about security and privacy. Download now to learn what steps you can take to help protect the privacy of your personal information and the security of your computer. Read more...

327979: Recommended Update

Download size: 862 KB

This update addresses the "Game Stops Responding (Hangs) or Quits Unexpectedly When Introductory Video Clip Is Played" issue in Windows XP, and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article 327979. Download now to prevent your computer from not responding during video playback. Read more...

Update for Windows XP Service Pack 1 (KB810243)

Download size: 382 KB

This update allows users to play Media Center PC-recorded digital recording files (.dvr-ms) on a computer with a compatible DVD decoder installed and running Windows XP. Users must have a player that supports DirectShow such as Windows Media Player Series 9. After you install this item, you may need to restart your computer. Once you have installed this item, it cannot be removed. Read more...

Windows Messenger 4.7

Download size: 982 KB

Have video conversations, and take advantage of several ease-of-use enhancements like grouping your contact list, new task-based menus, and cool, new emoticons. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer. Read more...

win2000 sp3 update problem

i am doing an auto install but the following will not go...

KB828749

KB824105

Q329553

I have tried /Q /M /Z and -u -z -q and not  working either way. :D

any ideas???  :rolleyes:

EDIT: I guess no one wants to answer me  :)

o well i did some more reading and i found /u /q /z seamed to work. will test further.

i still can not get these to work. is there a way to repack them or something to make them go in????

also what is the swiiches to auto install the highmat for xp???

824105 & 811493 will install with the regular winxp type options

for e.g. /o /u /n /z

More Details here

828749 is a little different, use these switches

/quiet /norestart /o /n

you can use /passive instead of /quiet if you want see a progress bar

329553 is a little more different, use these switches

-o -u -n -z

pretty much like the first ones just used '-' instead of a '/' infront of the switch.

BTW 329553 is part of SP4 so you might be better of slipstreaming SP4

Thanks a lot aaron.

Now I do feel sorta stupid to waste ur time when I had the whole thing right here in my uninstall list. any ways thanks again.

btw if you don't mind one more question, Is it simply that the white icons use type-1 installation and the packet shaped ones type -2 or is there any that require special switches/instalation modes etc.

Thankyou a lot.

Hi guys,

I'm having problem installing silently the:

Q832894 (2nd February 2004)

February 2004, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer 6 SP1

See the screenshot for my IE version...

I tryed using the /Q:A /R:N switch but it doesn't install (indeed, it doesn't show a window and exit imidiatly after running.)

In vmware, the file was run @ T-12 (using XPlode v1.00) with arguments "/Q:A /R:N" but when visiting windows update I can still see that file... :)

See the bottom of the attached file for the content of Q832894.exe once extracted.

thank you very much...

post-70-1077424481_thumb.jpg

I am wondering why KB823980 (Blaster Worm patch) was left out...!

Is there a more recent Hotfix in the list replacing it?

:)

That's correct, Q823980 is superceded by Q824146, as it states this under the heading "Security Patch Replacement Information" in Q824146's KB Article

I believe this is incorrect because i just installed Rollup 1 (which includes Q824146) And i just got shutdown becuase of that stupid RPC Code error (60 seconds to shutdown) Then i installed Q823980 and the problem is fixed. AaronXP could u explain this?

Thanks

EDIT:

Acually now that i'm looking at was is included in the Rollup both of those files are shown included. Then why was i shut down?!?!? And why did applying that old fix work? I must not have installed the rollup correct? Yet Windows XP Hotfix KB826939 is shown in the add/remove app menu? Could someone help me install it correctly (i don't want to slipstream) i just want to run it as another hotfix in my svcpack.inf file. Please Help me (and post some example code...i'm a visual person :rolleyes:) Thanks

By the way what do i do with svcpack.dl_ ?