Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

Microsoft promised 2 CDs for free, and I received them only five days after the order date.

One of the Cds contains updates for WinXP including:

- Service Pack 1a

- WMP 9.0 series

- DirectX 9

- & more...

It, also, includes updates for Windows Me, Windows 2000, Windows 98, and Windows 98 Second Edition (SE).

If you haven't had those updates on your PC yet, here's where you order for free:

http://www.microsoft.com/ireland/security/protect/order.asp

Make sure you type your details correctly including your phone number and/or your cellular one.

im having a problem installing hotfixes 832894 and 832483. when i run the update from either runonceex or manually i get the attached error but it works fine from windows update. any ideas?

post-70-1081431682_thumb.jpg

Q832894.exe /Q:A /R:N

Q832483.exe /C:"dahotfix.exe /q /n" /q

but i get the same error when installing them by running the files manually. they arent silent either, maybe this is part of the same problem?

Q832894.exe /Q:A /R:N

Q832483.exe /C:"dahotfix.exe /q /n" /q

but i get the same error when installing them by running the files manually. they arent silent either, maybe this is part of the same problem?

for the 832483 is: Q832483 /q /c:"dahotfix.exe /q /n".

For me it works perfect, also the q832894.exe /q:a /r:n.

Can MDAC 2.8 be slipstreamed into the unattended XP install?  I'm not having much luck getting it done.

Thanks

There's a great guide here: GreenMachine's Space

When you've made the installer, put it in the i386\Update folder and add it to the svcpack.inf file at the top of the list (i.e. before the hotfixes).

i just tried installing the hotfixes on an original copy of xp with no unattended stuff, still aint having it. its not just those either, any update that uses that kind of installer fails :/

could it be cos im using xp home?

Sorry for the delay!

Changes:

5 New Updates added today: Q828741, Q831167, Q835732, Q837001, and Q837009. Q831167 may be 2 months old, but its appeared on WU today and is a 'fix' for the February 2004 IE Cumulative Update.

Q330994 is now superseded by Q837009.

Q828028 is also superseded by Q835732.

Edited by AaronXP