Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

fix my zen micro!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

bagheera

bagheera
  • 2 posts
so i recently tried to upgrade the firmware on my zen micro to "plays for sure". i couldn't get it to work on my computer so i tried to take it off of the zen. i selected the "reload firmware" in the recovery mode and soon found out that was a very bad idea...

so anyway the problem is my player has no firmware installed on it...i can't install any new firmware on it because my computer won't recognize the device and therfore does not see it connected.

...so now my mp3 player's just an expensive peice of junk. does anyone know how to fix it?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

bagheera

bagheera
  • 2 posts
please! anyone help me! life sucks w/o music. :(

bonestonne

bonestonne

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
copy the firmware that should on the micro onto your hard drive, then uninstall the micro. as long as that works, you can then connect it, and the micro should show up as a removeable device or something like that, then you can put the firmware back on.

if that doesn't work then i don't know what to tell you. its tricky business getting firmware back on.

New Machine:
|Dual Intel Xeon E5-2620--Xigmatek SD1283 DK-II x2|Asus Z9PA-D8--HR-55 IFX|Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD SATA3|32gb DDR3-1600 ECC RDIMM|WD Blue 640GB SATA2 x2|Apple Slim Keyboard|Apple Mighty Mouse|nVidia GTX660ti 2GB|Antec HCG-750|NZXT Source 210 Elite|M-Audio ProFire 2626|Art TubeOpto8 with Smooth Plate Tube Swap|Avid Artist Mix x2|Acer S211 HL-BD x2|

Old Machine:
||Core 2 Quad Q9400||Scythe Ninja||MSI Neo P45||Thermalright HR-05||M-Audio ProFire 2626||Cooler Master Elite 330||
||Apple Mighty Mouse||150GB WD Raptor HDD||640GB WD Blue||HL DVD+/-RW||nVidia GTX260||
||8GB DDR2-800 Dual Channel||Corsair 400CW PSU||Dell basic USB KB||150GB WD Raptor||2x 22" LCD||
||Boston Acoustic mains + Creative sub||Innovation Cooling Diamond 7 TIM||

CptMurphy

CptMurphy

Just another techie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
From what I've heard, once a firmware update/downgrade has failed, the device is gone. I don't even think you can get the PC to recognize it since the firmware is what will tell the PC what to use for drivers.
--- Signatures with a resolution greater then 300pix in width and 100pix in height will be removed ---
--- Please read the rules ---

mrspidersir

mrspidersir

• 13 posts
i had a problem once with my creative zen micro photo when i tried to connect my player to my computer. some things was happing to the driver so i removed and installed it serval times but this didnt work so i just left it. any after a wee while i thought i would try it again and it now works?. Creative's web site gives u steps to do if u have any problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN