fix my zen micro!

bagheera

so i recently tried to upgrade the firmware on my zen micro to "plays for sure". i couldn't get it to work on my computer so i tried to take it off of the zen. i selected the "reload firmware" in the recovery mode and soon found out that was a very bad idea...

so anyway the problem is my player has no firmware installed on it...i can't install any new firmware on it because my computer won't recognize the device and therfore does not see it connected.

...so now my mp3 player's just an expensive peice of junk. does anyone know how to fix it?

copy the firmware that should on the micro onto your hard drive, then uninstall the micro. as long as that works, you can then connect it, and the micro should show up as a removeable device or something like that, then you can put the firmware back on.

if that doesn't work then i don't know what to tell you. its tricky business getting firmware back on.

• 2 months later...

i had a problem once with my creative zen micro photo when i tried to connect my player to my computer. some things was happing to the driver so i removed and installed it serval times but this didnt work so i just left it. any after a wee while i thought i would try it again and it now works?. Creative's web site gives u steps to do if u have any problems.