Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Water cooled computers???

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

zErO

zErO

CareFactor zErO

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 23-November 01
Is anyone running or seen any of these water cooled computers, are these things 4 real!!!!!
[b:82be2b2f2c]Xperties [/b:82be2b2f2c] maybe u can give me ur input as I know ur a big case fan ......

when is this madness going to stop.......whats next liquid monitors:rolleyes:
MSN Status:

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

zErO

zErO

CareFactor zErO

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 23-November 01
interesting!!!
MSN Status:

aKaFrEE

aKaFrEE

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 21-October 01
i was reading some stuff on the water cooling at the forums at Overclockers Club (http://www.overclockersclub.com)...just thought u might want to check it out if u wanna find out more about it....

Rick

Rick

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01
Yeah...I had one and one of the pipes burst sending water throughout my whole computer box. Oh, talking about electrocution! I was stuck to the keyboard and my wife had to tackle me to get me away from the computer. I was rushed to the emergency room and though I did not die...the burn scars still show all the way up my arms! Okay...that didn't really happen but wouldn't it be quite a story?:)

Rick
Welcome to MSFN!

Read the Forum Rules
Posted Image

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
  • Joined 14-October 01
Yea water cooled systems are nice. I was going to add that to my system. But they are can be expensive , loud and the danger of frying the system is always on your mind ...so i decided to just go with a bunch of fans
-drew

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01
Actually there not loud at all. Alot quiter than fans, real quite! My next upgrade is going to be a cooler for my CPU and chipset. Ive been looking into it for some times now. And there reall not to high priced,you can get a full unit for around 150 to 300 depending on if you want your hard drives and vid card cooled to. Right now tho Im putting together a 24/7 server so Ill be adding the water cooler later on in the year.

-XPerties

BTW they do have liquid monitors now.lol

You want some Glock with that?
★ :::: Xbox Live GamerTag = ScreamingSkulls

zErO

zErO

CareFactor zErO

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 23-November 01
These are the system specs and this is only priced at [b:01d2a7d454]$199[/b:01d2a7d454], which I thought they would cost an arm and a leg to buy:eek:

Specifications :

Includes one Liquid CPU cooler
Includes one Water reservoir
Includes LED read-out for temperature monitoring
Includes Heat Exchange System
Includes Liquid coolant
Exceptional Pump reliability
Dual Pumps
Complete Alarm system
Auto-Shutdown
Secure CPU Cooler
Extremely CPU temperatures
Low Fan Noise
Light weight compared to similar designed cases
Low profile coolers and clean design
ATX style case
MSN Status:

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01
What site is that off of? I might use that on my server considering it will be on all the time.

-XPerties

zErO

zErO

CareFactor zErO

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 23-November 01
Heres the link
I was looking for a new cpu cooler for my chip and came across this

ht*p://www.coolerguys.com/cpucool/koolance.shtml
MSN Status:

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01
very nice setup and a great price for all that is included.Thanks

-XPerties

FthrJACK

FthrJACK

I am a PC...

• Patrons
  • 3,394 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01
check this kit out.....

http://www.coolcasem...ducts.php?id=34

i had a piccy of a transparent case with neon light inside and flurescent water cooler pipes and it looked a bit more freaky than that pc you posted pics of

zErO

zErO

CareFactor zErO

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 23-November 01
Checked out the link and the cooling case.....what is that that looks like the radiator out of my car!!!Lol

wouldnt mind seeing a pic of the transparent case with the neons though......got my mind thinking:cool:

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
  • Joined 14-October 01
When i was planing on using the water cooling kit www.cpufx.com was very nice and apparently it seems to still be a very nice site still...look it over
-drew

zErO

zErO

CareFactor zErO

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 23-November 01
Nice site thanks for the link:cool:
MSN Status:

Big Booger

Big Booger

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Joined 12-January 02
BUt I think its a bit of an overkill. I mean, I just dont like hoses and crap running all over the place in my setup. Also, the hard drive water coolers are too much. Unless you are running a whopping 15,000 RPM or something. It just seems like to much for me, though the price is nice.
Big Booger
Posted Image

MSNwar

MSNwar

Its Time ...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Joined 23-December 01
Ever seen the 'old' Cray's cooling system? Blood Plasma! No kidding. If I find a link I'll post it.

MSNwar - The Fat Man

MSNwar

MSNwar

Its Time ...

• 2,215 posts
  • Joined 23-December 01
Didn't find a photo but here is a link with an ecerpt,
http://www.ed-thelen...ample-tour.html
You have to scroll down and thsi is what you will find:

Have a look at this machine here, the red and black one. This is a Cray-2, it came out in 1985. This costs $19 million (nineteen million dollars). And the neat thing about this was immersion cooled. So he is no longer using freon, he is actually dunking all this circuitry into this fluid - fluorinert - here is a jug of it. It weighs 44 pounds when to is full so it is a very dense fluid. fluorinert is a really weird fluid - it is used in surgery - in operating rooms as a > blood plasma substitute.< If the surgeon can't type your blood in time and you are going down, he will pump you full of this to keep your blood pressure up because it has very good oxygen carrying capacity. Also it is non-conductive so that makes it pretty unique to - there are not a lot of non-conductive fluids around.

MSNwar

zErO

zErO

CareFactor zErO

• PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 23-November 01
Some serious equipment, dont know if I envy this guy or should be scared of him(gotta be on the verge of being postal)
was there a pic to show u what his 3 machines looked like???:cool:

MSNwar

MSNwar

Its Time ...

• 2,215 posts
  • Joined 23-December 01
This is the best I could come up with:
http://www.cray.com/.../h_systems.html

The Cray Site does not show any internal photos of the machines, but I do know for a fact that the plasma ran through the circuitry which was mostly placed on the bottom of the structure. The only one I have ever seen with my own eyes was stripped down in maintenance, located in a government laboratory, and studied by MIT fellows. When word leaked to me of its properties I just had to see it for myself. At the time I think I was one of maybe only 100 people with access to the area. Even then I was sneaked-in for a quick look. The only computer I had ever seen before that was old NEC mainframes and custom made beta machines and parts that NARPA would have drooled over.

We are getting closer...

MSNwar - The Fat Man

MSNwar

MSNwar

Its Time ...

• 2,215 posts
  • Joined 23-December 01
http://www.pcmag.com...53D18410,00.asp

PC Magazine reviewed some nice desktops but this one stands out. It is the SYS Cold-Fusion 1866 SE and is cooled by freon. Here is a nice photo of the interior.

FthrJACK

FthrJACK

I am a PC...

• Patrons
  • 3,394 posts
  • Joined 16-August 01
thst some cool s***! wonder why that desktop isnt totally submerged in freon though? get a perspex see thru case and fill it with freon.. hey presto no fans and silent pc that looks totally er.. borg

Drewdatrip

Drewdatrip

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 2,185 posts
  • Joined 14-October 01
Crazy...i thought a water cooled system was a bit over board, but plazma....thats just f***ing insane!:WTF?:
-drew
||Please Read the Forum Rules||
||Free File and Image Hosting @ EazyShare||
||Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running||
||Vote for MSFN @ TweakXP Windows XP Top Sites||

Big Booger

Big Booger

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Joined 12-January 02
Why don't they just put the **** thing in a cryogenic vault, and do their PCing from there?
LOL
Big Booger:assshake
Posted Image

EcPercy

EcPercy

• 32 posts
  • Joined 20-January 02
this might be considered spamming, but look at some alternatives i seem to have run across lately on cooling solutions!

Look!

the AMD cpu coolers are pretty wild, but i think that it will actually work...also make a note and check out the video card solution as well!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users