Water cooled computers???

zErO

Didn't find a photo but here is a link with an ecerpt,

http://www.ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/example-tour.html

You have to scroll down and thsi is what you will find:

Have a look at this machine here, the red and black one. This is a Cray-2, it came out in 1985. This costs $19 million (nineteen million dollars). And the neat thing about this was immersion cooled. So he is no longer using freon, he is actually dunking all this circuitry into this fluid - fluorinert - here is a jug of it. It weighs 44 pounds when to is full so it is a very dense fluid. fluorinert is a really weird fluid - it is used in surgery - in operating rooms as a > blood plasma substitute.< If the surgeon can't type your blood in time and you are going down, he will pump you full of this to keep your blood pressure up because it has very good oxygen carrying capacity. Also it is non-conductive so that makes it pretty unique to - there are not a lot of non-conductive fluids around.

MSNwar

This is the best I could come up with:

http://www.cray.com/company/h_systems.html

The Cray Site does not show any internal photos of the machines, but I do know for a fact that the plasma ran through the circuitry which was mostly placed on the bottom of the structure. The only one I have ever seen with my own eyes was stripped down in maintenance, located in a government laboratory, and studied by MIT fellows. When word leaked to me of its properties I just had to see it for myself. At the time I think I was one of maybe only 100 people with access to the area. Even then I was sneaked-in for a quick look. The only computer I had ever seen before that was old NEC mainframes and custom made beta machines and parts that NARPA would have drooled over.

We are getting closer...

MSNwar - The Fat Man

this might be considered spamming, but look at some alternatives i seem to have run across lately on cooling solutions!

Look!

the AMD cpu coolers are pretty wild, but i think that it will actually work...also make a note and check out the video card solution as well!