vLite 0.6 beta - Wiiiiiiii

nuhi

I'm just shocked that microsoft has come after you nuhi about this program.. To try and help make it one of there own.. So they don't have to release all of the info on "Windows Vista OS image creation and deployment guide".. Since you do a much better job then they could any day, any time... :)

Keep up the kick a** work...

nuhi I noticed in the changelog: "fix: Media center dependency" and I noticed the ehRecvr now works fine when the 'Error Reporting' service is removed. So TY for that :)

However MCE still crashes after 10 seconds for me, I took my existing post vLite 0.5 install source and only removed the two System momponents that were left over using vLite 0.6 (Security Center and System Restore). So this bug appears to have persisited. I can try redoing redoing it from the begining using only vLite 0.6 and seeing if that helps, and if necessary/possible isolate down to one of those components.

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: ehshell.exe

Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386

Problem Signature 03: 4549b55e

Problem Signature 04: ehshell

Problem Signature 05: 6.0.6000.0

Problem Signature 06: 4549bcf3

Problem Signature 07: 4435

Problem Signature 08: 27

Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=501...mp;clcid=0x0409

DigeratiPrime, I must say I'm little surprised by that part "I took my existing post vLite 0.5 install source". Isn't it obvious that I fixed some of the components removed...how can you be affected by that fix if you removed it with the vLite 0.5. Anyway it's cool, you'll be glad to see that it works.

For the future reference to all it's best to use it on the clean installation source, at least try it if something in the changelog doesn't seem right.

Then report it and I'll be glad to fix.

nope, not using an AIO version..

just mounted the ISO again with daemon tools and selected the drive, it seemed to work.. it's copying the installation files now..

may files may have gotten corrupted while extracting the ISO..

EDIT: works great.. now i can get rid of the nasty and crashy media center.. :) 600mb lol

EDIT2: i'd like to see better description on what's gonna happen.. after i chose what to remove it provided me with 2 choices and i couldnt understand what exactly is gonna happen.. i chose the second one.. it's supposed to remove the components and make a new iso.. it has almost removed all of them but the folder is still the same size.. what exactly is going on?

Edited by dAbReAkA

Glad to see the first beta has arrived. I am definetely gonna check it inn the next couple of days. Can we expect a changelog in the future as I would like to see what things have been sovled. With nLite those were also very clear and helpful (opposed to some programs only mentioning many bugs fixed).

Next time I will visit the website first, before posting a complaint :thumbup

Edited by Jeronimo

After selecting my DVD and while copying files to HD, I went on surfing. When it was finished, the selection screen appears strangely and unmovable in the topleft.

The topleft has focus, but when, Firefox is open (not maximised btw) and I select vLite from the taskbar, then the main screen appears, but nothing is selectable here.

After that I select my Vista version and up to apply everything is in order, beside sopme cosmetic glitches I mentioned earlier. Saved my presets and will continue tomorrow with actual process.

Edited by Jeronimo

I try Home Premium, everything possible removed except Defender, and have 1.2 GB iso. Premium because i much like Aero. (Purchased PX7950 GT 512MB which is Vista native capable). On other hand, vLite is working fine. Thanks nuhi for this. Anyway, needed much more removed, in nLite iso without Bashrat drivers has 134MB. I know, its long way to achieve this, but who knows? !!!THANKS!!! :hello:

This is probably the wrong thread to post in.

My query is - would I be able to create a vlite copy of Vista (Upgrade version) and have it install without needing to supply a proof that I have a copy of XP?

This is probably the wrong thread to post in.

My query is - would I be able to create a vlite copy of Vista (Upgrade version) and have it install without needing to supply a proof that I have a copy of XP?

If you mean, does Vista upgrade check if your Windows XP is legal, then I could not say.

If you mean to purchase Vista upgrade, do you need a valid Windows XP license to make it legal: rather rethorical, but I think the answer would obviously be yes.

Fact is that I doubt that many people here have a valid Vista (Beta's and RC's excluded). Legally we might be at fault (or are we does evaluating?), but I for 1 will purchase Vista when it comes available in my language (even though it will cost 40% more than US version :realmad: ), which makes it morally acceptable for me (not legally).