Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

vLite 0.6 beta - Wiiiiiiii

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

3aces

3aces

Bass Lover!!! :D

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 10-December 05
ok...filter stuff worked...im not sure....but after copying files through vlite....it worked fine :thumbup

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

mirecek1965

mirecek1965

• 26 posts
  • Joined 04-June 06
I try Home Premium, everything possible removed except Defender, and have 1.2 GB iso. Premium because i much like Aero. (Purchased PX7950 GT 512MB which is Vista native capable). On other hand, vLite is working fine. Thanks nuhi for this. Anyway, needed much more removed, in nLite iso without Bashrat drivers has 134MB. I know, its long way to achieve this, but who knows? !!!THANKS!!! :hello:

MSI Z87-G45 Gamer, ASUS GTX 660 Ti, 16 GiB RAM, 2x SSD 60 GiB, 1x 1 TiB data

JohnnyFu

JohnnyFu

• 15 posts
  • Joined 10-July 04
I would like thank you Nuhi.

While 85% of software on this planet is unnecessary nLite is one of the most useful tools i have ever seen. And I hope so too for vLite :)

Again, thank you very much.
Posted Image

R600

R600

• PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 07-August 03
This is probably the wrong thread to post in.

My query is - would I be able to create a vlite copy of Vista (Upgrade version) and have it install without needing to supply a proof that I have a copy of XP?
Main Comp
CPU: AMD AthlonXP 2100+ | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-7VRX | RAM: 768MB DDR PC2700 | HDD: 80GB IBM Deskstar | GFX: Inno3D GF4 Ti4200 128MB | Audio: Creative Audigy Platinum Ex | Speakers: Creative Inspire 5500
Windows XP Pro

Jeronimo

Jeronimo

vLite user

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03

My query is - would I be able to create a vlite copy of Vista (Upgrade version) and have it install without needing to supply a proof that I have a copy of XP?

If you mean, does Vista upgrade check if your Windows XP is legal, then I could not say.
If you mean to purchase Vista upgrade, do you need a valid Windows XP license to make it legal: rather rethorical, but I think the answer would obviously be yes.
Fact is that I doubt that many people here have a valid Vista (Beta's and RC's excluded). Legally we might be at fault (or are we does evaluating?), but I for 1 will purchase Vista when it comes available in my language (even though it will cost 40% more than US version :realmad: ), which makes it morally acceptable for me (not legally).

xpmaniac4ever

xpmaniac4ever

We would change the world if God would give us the sourcecode

• PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 29-November 04
Our nuhi is an awesome God ! :lol: Show us the way to perfection, Lord ! ;)
Live and fly. Love and die.

3aces

3aces

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 10-December 05
ok....vlite has majorly improved thanks nuhi :thumbup

Vista might just possbily go mainstream on my pc :blink:

Posted Image

R600

R600

• PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 07-August 03

If you mean, does Vista upgrade check if your Windows XP is legal, then I could not say.
If you mean to purchase Vista upgrade, do you need a valid Windows XP license to make it legal: rather rethorical, but I think the answer would obviously be yes.
Fact is that I doubt that many people here have a valid Vista (Beta's and RC's excluded). Legally we might be at fault (or are we does evaluating?), but I for 1 will purchase Vista when it comes available in my language (even though it will cost 40% more than US version :realmad: ), which makes it morally acceptable for me (not legally).

Neither. I have legit copy of XP Pro, and am thinking of upgrading to Vista. Just wondering if I will still need to put in XP CD if I made a vlite disc for Vista Upgrade version.
Main Comp
CPU: AMD AthlonXP 2100+ | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-7VRX | RAM: 768MB DDR PC2700 | HDD: 80GB IBM Deskstar | GFX: Inno3D GF4 Ti4200 128MB | Audio: Creative Audigy Platinum Ex | Speakers: Creative Inspire 5500
Windows XP Pro

dAbReAkA

dAbReAkA

• PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Joined 11-July 05
Jeronimo, i had the same focus problem..
i thought that it crashed because the other window remained hidden and the main one was inactive.. :)

btw, the ISO rebuilding took more than 30 minutes here, on a medium-end box..

LeveL

LeveL

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Joined 30-September 05

Hanschke, ok, don't take it the wrong way it's just I heard that AIO doesn't work.
However it's weird how it didn't popup for you to reinstall Filter Manager if it's not there.

The AIO in question does not work, because the directory structure is different.

I'm just shocked that microsoft has come after you nuhi about this program..

You can't be serious? :o Nuhi nooooooooooooo! Noooooooooo!

They just come along and buy everyone :realmad:

Vista might just possbily go mainstream on my pc :blink:

Heh, good luck with Alcohol 120%/any Firewall/any Antivirus.

BTW don't even think about installing Alcohol 120% - causes BSOD
in normal and safe mode, meaning either you need a PE disc or you
need to re-install Vista - this is on ALL versions of Vista of course, its
nothing to do with vLite.

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Joined 22-May 05
Why Wiiiiii btw ? :)

3aces

3aces

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Joined 10-December 05
avg...nero...office 2007....limewire....utorrent....

hello Vista mainstream ;)

Posted Image

tordenflesk

tordenflesk

• 40 posts
  • Joined 12-July 05
So, are you supposed to be able to remove the temp-folder? It won't go away in normal or safemode. Unlocker or Gipo Move@boot won't dispose of it either. Having 4+ gigs of crap in my temp is NOT fun.

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Joined 22-May 05
That's a 'bug'.

I'll explain it a bit more in a few minutes.

OK.
I had that problem, mainly when vlite was using a temp folder on a hard drive that did not have enough free space (<4GB).
This is not caused by an app that would be using the temp folder. The problem is caused by the extraction procedure that creates a sort of new user and this user is the only allowed to remove that temp folder. If the extraction could not complete, then you get this folder.

How to remove it:
You'll need to edit NTFS rights for that and this is not present in XP Home (though it can be easily added).
You may want to disable your antivirus to speed up the process (>20000 files) and you should really close everything else that is running.

Browse to your temp folder, right-click on it, click on Properties and then go to the Security tab.
Click on the Advanced Properties button (it's the last one). Go to the Owner tab and double-click on any group you're a member of (if you don't know, go for Administrators). Tick the box "Replace..... and sub-...". Click on OK. This should take some time.
Close the Properties window.
Reopen it, click on the Advanced Properties button, stay on the first tab. Remove each entry (there's a "delete" button), untick the first box, tick the other one. Now click on "Add", type Administrators, press enter, tick the first box in the window you get (first row, first column). OK, OK. Again, this will take some time.

Now you can remove it. :)

Edited by Camarade_Tux, 01 December 2006 - 01:15 PM.

war59312

war59312

Will's Blog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Joined 07-June 02
Wow, was not expecting this until Vista was released; even beating Microsoft themselves before it's even out the door! Great job!!!

Edited by war59312, 01 December 2006 - 07:22 PM.

Statistics for Ad Muncher v4.94.34121/5629 (Free) 

Adverts removed: 6,649,007
Bandwidth saved: 195,746 MB 
Counter started: April 2, 2003

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,393 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
Jeronimo, gonna see about that misplaced window

Camarade_Tux, felt like screaming something how I felt in that moment, probably Wii marketing got me ;)

tordenflesk, first relax, what is copied can be deleted. Maybe it was you who contacted me on the email about this but I added the clean option in the next version and also told you or that other person that by browsing the image in next session will clean the temp folder automatically, vlite is crafty when it comes to permissions ;)
If it doesn't clean it then tell me the full path of the few files (or folders) of which you talk about, thx.
http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.ntlite.com
Remove components and customize Windows

tordenflesk

tordenflesk

• 40 posts
  • Joined 12-July 05
Camarade_Tux:There is no Security Tab i the properties of that folder(or any other folder)
nuhi: Browsing the image?

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Joined 22-May 05
@tordenflesk, which version of windows are you running ?
If you're running XP Home, see : http://www.forums.co...wtopic.php?t=21

Booting from a bootcd or even from Vista should do the trick.

Btw, silly question : your partition is NTFS, right ?

tordenflesk

tordenflesk

• 40 posts
  • Joined 12-July 05
Windows XP Pro SP2. All partitions are NTFS.
I did the XP Home trick, and got the Security Tab. I followed your guide from your previous post, but it still gives me an access denied-error :(

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Joined 22-May 05
Try to do that for the subfolders (Program Files, Windows, Users...) instead of /temp directly.

And do you get access denied only when you try to delete or also when you try to change the permissions ?

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,393 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
tordenflesk, yes select that same Vista installation files and the vLite will delete the temp folder files during loading.
http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.ntlite.com
Remove components and customize Windows

tordenflesk

tordenflesk

• 40 posts
  • Joined 12-July 05
Camarade_Tux: Only when deleting
nuhi: What a bullcrap way of doing things.
1. Why create a separate user just to copy the contents of the disk?
2. And why not do it the way nLite does it? I never had any problems removing it's temp-files.

Edited by tordenflesk, 02 December 2006 - 07:54 AM.

tap52384

tap52384

nLite Lover

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 11-August 04
Respect goes a long way....try it!

Camarade_Tux

Camarade_Tux

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Joined 22-May 05
@tordenflesk, afaik vlite is not able to extract wim files on its own, it relies on a minifilter. And that's the way the minifilter works.

Try again, right-click, properties, select a group you're a member of and try to tick/untick the full control box. If you can't, this means you do not own the folder. Try again with directly with system32.

Edited by Camarade_Tux, 02 December 2006 - 08:17 AM.

tordenflesk

tordenflesk

• 40 posts
  • Joined 12-July 05
I doubt respecting my temp-folder will solve anything. I got rid of the folder by re-doing the process of copying the DVD to Disk, but it seems to me that's a waste of both time and space since it clearly could be done with a simple Shift-DEL and not waste ANY space in the process.

Edited by tordenflesk, 02 December 2006 - 02:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users