school network

mad_dog369

Hey i'm in high school and would like to have more access to the internet and files, how can i change my account type to get more access to things like personal settings and stuff!

thank you for reading!

Edited by mad_dog369

lol yeah funny, i have asked them and all they could say is that they won't do it because it wouldent be fair for the other students.

I would like to try to get full access anyway, can u help?

- Visit the admins/socialize with them every once and a while.

- Suggest stuff they can do to improve their network.

- Work for them during the summer.

I've done all three, and whenever I need something done, they'll do it for me; no questions asked. :) For example, I need a few ports opened so I can use Hamachi on the wireless network. They know I'll be using it to get around their proxy, but they really don't care. I have another valid reason to be using it! :lol: I've also asked them to remove a few restrictions from their proxy for me. No problem. :)

if your network admin was sensible, he would never give you that access...its a security compromise.

with some colleges internet access might be filtered externally anyway.

Except I know what I'm doing, and they know that I know what I'm doing, so everything works out. :)

if your network admin was sensible, he would never give you that access...its a security compromise.

with some colleges internet access might be filtered externally anyway.

Except I know what I'm doing, and they know that I know what I'm doing, so everything works out. :)

Their choice to give it you at the end of the day :P each to his own.

Perhaps you could suggest they create a new OU in active directory, which will allow you a little more autonomy? However, if its just the internet you are wanting access to and the sysadmins are using filtering software on the network you may have a hard time. If thats the case, suggest a few sites that they could add to their filters as safe?!?

SSL Proxy from home is still the best solution... unless they block SSL (highly unlikely) their packet sniffers etc. will have no idea what data is being sent.

Even if they block SSL and the only thing available is HTTP, you can still "proxy" through via hiding data in HTTP requests to, once again, a server you run on your machine at home.