Norton Firewall!

Ok everyone I am brand new to these forums and they look rather professional and the most important thing helpful anyways straight to the point, I installed the trial version of 'Norton Firewall 2006' on my computer (windows XP) and have found it anything but helpful I cannot open the file because it just doesn't come up second I cannot uninstal it either can anyone tell me how to uninstal it because it is bloking programms I want to run. :no::angry:

Thanks in advance (sorry for the long post everyone.) :whistle::hello:

Safe Mode is Windows running on a basic set of drivers that allows you to perform maintenance on a malfunctioning system....like when you're dealing with a dodgy driver install or any Norton app (save Ghost).

Reboot the box, after the POST test, start pressing F8 to enter safe mode. A menu will pop up-select safe mode with networking. It'll take a bit longer for Windoze to load.

Once you get to the desktop, go to Start|Run and enter "appwiz.cpl" to start the Add/Remove Programs applet.

Uninstall Norton (hopefully) and use the install media for target practice.

I can certainly understand the frustration engendered by this, but "It never worked" isn't very informative....

The next thing I'd try is to use System Restore to...well restore your system to a prior state, assuming it hasn't been turned off.

Right click my computer

Click Help

Under "Pick a Task" click "Undo changes to your computer with System Restore." and complete the wizard.

Please, never ever buy a Norton-branded product again! :). Seriously though, this happens with almost every version of their software. See here for the Norton removal tool. I've seen this with every version of the Norton security suite since 2005 as well, so be forewarned.