check out ms website (xp toys now include iso+shellplyr)

babis

I must be seeing things... as I was installing xp toys on my dad's comp... I noticed Iso Image Burner as well as audio shell player..

here is a shot.

I downloaded the toys from ms website

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/dow...s/powertoys.asp

the part that just confuses me.. they do not have any documentation about it at thier site. Odd... So if anyone was still interested in the whole toy package.. get it right now i guess....

btw was it always there? I could've sworn it wasn't there when I installed it on my comp..

Here is screenshot:

http://www.geocities.com/bantoniou.rm/xptoys.JPG

Kind of you to post this info. You're quite right, the version that was posted a few weeks ago when I downloaded PowerToys did NOT include an ISO burner. I haven't installed the new one yet, but the download is a little larger than the old one.

Thank you.

- Collin

My apologies Babis. I decided to uninstall and then reinstall using the new download - and as you said - the 2 new features were there. When I first tried - I just did a 'change which features are installed' thinking that the new items would be highlighted as not already installed. But there was no sign of them. Doing a fresh install exposed them. Strange huh?

LS

I think I can explain why you didn't see the shell player and iso burner when you ran the configuration change. At that point the original "Power Toys for Windows XP.msi" installer was still registered. A new installer comes within the new Power Toys distribution file. When I ran the newly-downloaded executable I saw a message box from Windows asking me if I wanted to replace the original installer. When the setup continues in that mode it is with the new installer registered with the system, so you see the new options. At least that's the way it appeared to work when I ran it.

- Collin

I just downloaded the powertoys (939kb),uninstalled the others first,

I did everything that you have posted here,but still no isoburner or shell player.Any ideas? [/quote:de3ad5fef1]

The only ideas I have are:

1. You say "939kb". Let's be sure about this. The one I downloaded from the Microsoft site yesterday has a file size of 1,027,448 bytes. On the Version tab of its properties dialog the file version is listed as 7.0.224.0.

2. Assuming we're talking about the same distribution file, then the next step would be to ask about the Windows message box you should have received when you ran the PowerToysSetup.exe file. Windows should have asked you if you wished to replace the installer (Powertoys For Windows XP.msi). If you answered yes, then the new installer should have presented you with the new option, and they are slated for installation by default. If you answered no to the message box, then you would still be using the old installer -- and it can't "see" the new options.

Hope you get it figured out.

- Collin

The one I downloaded has a file size of 962,560 bytes

I will download it again and see if I get the same one

Thanks for the help

[i:5251bf51ca]edit[/i:5251bf51ca]

I redownloaded the file,but it is still the same size

Could anyone please mail me the file

Thanks

you guys noticed it also has the BG switcher?

I right clicked on my desktop:::> properties::> saw a tab called Slide show, where you can set the interval of switching backgrounds.

So if I'm not mistaken, there are 3 new toys thus far, this is crazy!!!

:cool: :cool:

[b:4c88775555]Richie101[/b:4c88775555],

From where are you downloading that file? I downloaded the first time from the URL http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/dow...s/powertoys.asp that was given in the first message of the thread. I just downloaded again. Both times I got a different file from the one you're reporting. Are you getting it from another site? I'd suggest getting it directly from Microsoft. The one I downloaded from there includes the ISO burner, the shell player and the background slideshow thingy. (Yeah, [b:4c88775555]babis[/b:4c88775555], I did notice that new Slideshow tab on the Display Properties dialog. Not my sort of thing to bother with, really -- but I'll probably play with it since it's already there! (Slipped past me during the install. I must have thought it was something else.):)

- Collin