Using Rynavm Integrator AND nLite.

BlueScreenJunky

Hi everyone. I'm about to reburn my windows XP with nLite, but I'd like to integate a french post-SP2 update pack, which seems to work only with RyanVM integrator (nLite reports several errors when I try to integrate it, and the author says he only supports RyanVM), so I was wondering : Can I use RyanVM to integrate this update pack, and then use nLite for everything else ?

Is there any problem with it ? any incompatibility issue between the two ?

Thanks !

I tried to use both to integrate as you are going to do and the image bombed; all kinds of cannot copy errors in textmode-terminal services among them. You must either use RyanVM integrator 1.42 or nlite 1.2.1, but not both; English install.

Why do not use these sequence?

1) Use Siginet's RyanVM integrator to integrate RyanVM post SP2 updates and other program addons;

2) Use nLite to remove components you do not need and apply tweaks;

3) Apply BashratTheSneaky driver packs if you like.

Why do not use these sequence?

1) Use Siginet's RyanVM integrator to integrate RyanVM post SP2 updates and other program addons;

2) Use nLite to remove components you do not need and apply tweaks;

3) Apply BashratTheSneaky driver packs if you like.

That's what I was planning to do...

But it turned out the update pack did work with nLite, I was just not applying it correctly (I was trying to add each update separatly, instead of just the whole archive). I will install now and see if everything works =)

Edited by BlueScreenJunky

nuhi

"RickSteele, if you did it in order as stasys44 says then explain to me how to get those errors."

stasys44's post had not been published yet when I posted. I'm sorry, but, I did not save any ini's or error logs. The install was so bad that I immediately deleted the partition and restored my backup. What I am saying is;

1) I am not able to successfully use RyanVM's integrator and then, after; at some future date, use nlite to slipstream other/more current update packs or MS hotfixes in that same image. I must use one or the other.

ie: I must use either nlite or integrator to install RyanVM's 2.14 and, say, boooggy's latest zero update pack afterwards-which, by the way, is doable and worked fine for me-posted results in Boooggy's forum aka RyanVM. I cannot use integrator for the 2.14 and nlite for the zero update in the same image.

2) I cannot use integrator to slipstream 2.14 and nlite to slipstream, say, the following month's hotfixes etc. I must use nlite to slipstream 2.14 and, then, any other updates/hotfixes will slipstream via nlite without error.

Again, these are just random examples of my experience mixing the two apps for updates/hotfixes in an English slipstream only; just update packs/hofixes.

3) stasys44's method works fine for me and always has, but, you will notice only removal and tweaks, no mix and match of apps for updates/hotfixes.

As for Terminal Services...etc. I cannot explain it as I only removed the eye candy, Windows colors, screensavers etc. SFC is left activated-I like it. As a result I had no logon-Admin only and so forth-this sort of thing occurred twice, so, now I use nlite only to slipstream any and all update packs, addons, IE7 and so forth, removals, tweaks without error-I am typing this now on such an install. I do all the update packs, addons etc. at the same time with one exception;

If I want to apply Booogy's pack over Ryan's I must slipstream only 2.14 and finish, then, open a new nlite session and slipstream Booogy's then finsh again to open a third new nlite session for any addons, removals, tweaks etc. being careful not to dupl anything provided for in the update packs-WMP11 for example. This is my experience with the above.

Just a little note here for nuhi,

This should go in the bug forum, but, I am unable to find.....down possibly? Soooo

The Desktop and System tweaks all work fine now with only three exceptions; visual styles on windows and buttons and transistion effect for menu and tooltips are still checked, Classic Control Panel still shows large icons. One caveat, one must reboot after first logon and runonce has successfully terminated for tweaks like a system Temp folder change to show correctly. That's it, I mean all else now works flawlessly, including any and all services tweaks; awesome nuhi and thanks a bunch!

Edited by RickSteele