how can i free up some memory

rocksounds

This reminds me of an issue I was having on one of my harddrives. Space was being taken up but I didn't know by what. Run chkdsk /f at the command prompt. It will tell you that you need to do it at the next boot. Hit enter, reboot. The program will check for and automatically fix errors on the disk.

Click ‘Start’, ‘My Computer’ and ‘Disk Cleanup’, click on ‘More Options’ tab then click on System Restore clean up this will delete all but your most recent restore point. Next click ‘Start’ then ‘Run’ and type Cleanmgr /Sageset:99 (note space between Cleanmgr and /Sageset) into the run box click on ‘OK’. In the ‘Disk Cleanup Settings’ window tick all of the options in the list. This is an extended version of Disk Cleanup. Close the window, click ‘Start’, ‘Run’ and type Cleanmgr /Sagerun:99 into the run box to start cleanup.

Also go to your WINDOWS folder (C:\WINDOWS) and open the ‘SoftwareDistribution’ folder and delete everything inside. These are files left over from Windows updates and are not needed. If you use PeerGuardian delete the ‘history.db’ file from the PeerGuardian2 folder in My Programs. I’ve know this file to exceed 11GB in size.

It would be a good idea to move all your Music onto your D drive then delete them from C. Your C drive should now be pretty much clear of junk.