Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Shark007

[Release] Adobe Reader 9.0 Lite

471 posts in this topic

thanks. just a suggestion. it cannot search in files, displays an error saying that a plugin is missing. also, when connected to internet, it downloads some plugins. i couldnt see wich though.

thanks. just a suggestion. it cannot search in files, displays an error saying that a plugin is missing. also, when connected to internet, it downloads some plugins. i couldnt see wich though.

Thanks for the information .. the files have been updated to fix these problems.

shark

Downloaded and I must say it is faster than stripped ver7 and of course has got great features.

thanks for the corrections. would you mind makin an spanish installer. im mexican and have all my stuff in english but many comp users here just want all spanish. thanks.

thanks for the corrections. would you mind makin an spanish installer. im mexican and have all my stuff in english but many comp users here just want all spanish. thanks.
:thumbup

Last time i checked, Spanish was not yet available.

I will do one for Spanish when Adobe makes it available.

shark

Hi,

I didn't even know Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0 was out!

Thanks.

Thanks for all shark as ever you are amazing and ou atteend tto every request we need or have, thanks a lot... :D

Wondering if you could make a Dutch version of it.

TIA

Wondering if you could make a Dutch version of it.

TIA

That would be nice :)

would you mind makin an spanish installer.
Wondering if you could make a Dutch version of it. TIA
That would be nice :)
Please check the availabilty of version 8 in your language before requesting i make a lite version. I am not a magician. Also, i am not going to do daily checks for already requested lite versions. When Adobe makes it available in your language, post a reminder here that it is available, and i'll get to it a.s.a.p. shark

shark

Another Great Shark product, this one works great as always.. Thanks again Shark for the quick release.

ScOOt3r!

Downloaded and I must say it is faster than stripped ver7 and of course has got great features.
Thanks for all shark as ever you are amazing and ou atteend tto every request we need or have, thanks a lot... :D
Another Great Shark product, this one works great as always.. Thanks again Shark for the quick release. ScOOt3r!

:thumbup thanks

I just figured out how to remove the 'Beyond Adobe Reader' screen that pops up on 1st use so expect the files to be updated soon. I'll post again once i have updated the files.

OK, files updated, new MD5's posted.

shark

I know this is not svcpack compatible, but can I make the switchless installer into an addon and then just integrate it using nlite.

I am pretty new to all this, so I would appreciate the help.

Thank you,

wordup48

I know this is not svcpack compatible, but can I make the switchless installer into an addon and then just integrate it using nlite. I am pretty new to all this, so I would appreciate the help. Thank you, wordup48

A perfect example for you to learn from is my integration file offered for the codec package. There is a link to it in the 1st post of the codec package thread. It contains a switchless installer executed after 1st boot. It will be easy for you to use that as a template to do this on your own.

shark

Ok, thanks Shark. I have modified it and it looks like this. Does this look correct?

[general] 
builddate=12/08/2006
description=Installs Adobe Reader 8.0.
language=English - by adding this transforms directive to the 1ST command below like this; %windir%\vcpack.exe transforms=1033.mst //replacing the 1033 with your localization code, you can localize the installation
title=Adobe Reader
version=8.0
website=http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=88167

[GUIRUNONCE]
%windir%\AR8Lite_ENG.exe
cmd /c del /Q/F %windir%\AR8Lite_ENG.exe

[dosnet_files]
d1,AR8Lite_ENG.exe

[txtsetup_files]
AR8Lite_ENG.exe = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0

Thanks in advance. I pretty much left everything as it was, and just changed the filename. I'm not sure if I needed to do anything else?

wordup48

Ok, thanks Shark. I have modified it and it looks like this. Does this look correct?

Thanks in advance. I pretty much left everything as it was, and just changed the filename. I'm not sure if I needed to do anything else?

wordup48

delete the language string, and you're good to go. nice job for a 1st try :thumbup

shark

Hello,

Would it be possible to have a French Version of Adobe reader 8.0 Lite ?

Thx in advance

Hello, Would it be possible to have a French Version of Adobe reader 8.0 Lite ? Thx in advance

posted. :thumbup

shark

You're a God Shark !

Thank you very much !

ar8.png

The edges around the bright red area are jagged. I don't know if that matters to you, but it looks odd to me.

Edited by Dumpy Dooby

The edges around the bright red area are jagged. I don't know if that matters to you, but it looks odd to me.

What jagged edges? :whistle: (insert evil laughter here)

To share this one with others, I'll explain:

When I posted v8 on my repository, the icon image i used was extremely poor.

Dumpy hotlinked that image when making the above posting.

I replaced the poor image on my repository with a higher resolution image,

which subsequently changed the image in Dumpy's post.

shark

Sharky

You're really a Magician by making such nice awesome releases lol.gif

@Shark007: could you make AR 8.0 EN "even-more-like", similar to one made for 7.0.8 by Vid0 here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...p;p=513735&

(compare yours AR 7.0.8 Lite and his - his has even less files/features left yet works ok for me. His is 6.25MB, yours is 7.95MB - please compare files inside both installer - his has fewer files).

TIA!

ps there's also 7.0.8a out - I'd appreciate Lite version of it, too (Vid0 style prefereably - with the same file choice).

Edited by tsk