• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
jayroller

What u playing at the moment?

130 posts in this topic

AT the moment:

PC:

World of Warcraft. Have been since 2004.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

Soon:

Counter Strike: Source

Crysis Warhead.

Xbox 360:

Fable 2

Halo 3

Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

When they are released:

Halo 3: ODST

Assassins Creed 2

Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2

PC:

dawn of war and expansions

IL2 1946

Cube 2 Saurbretan (freeware FPS)

Xbox 360:

Halo 3

COD4

Farcry 2

GH world tour

Assassins Creed

L4D and Assassins Creed (again) until today but now im playing Ghostbusters. its freaking great

starcraft

also been playing a bit of SOF 2 on line a bit works nice on my old computer:)

I used to play Starcraft on bnet. I was not very good until I joined a clan. Back then, I think it was called [RF] Red Falcon or something. The clan leader was a guy in the top 10 ladder for Korea. He then trained me how to play with Protoss. I then started doing better and also stopped losing. I think I quit after 35 straight wins. This was in 2000 tho. I'm probably pretty bad at it now.

In other news, I did my research and did some driving today to a gamestop that had a used copy of We Love Katamari. It was the closest Gamestop to have it (it was 12 miles away) and the second closest place was in Olean, which is a good 1.5-2 hour drive. So I bit the bullet and paid $25 for it, which is WAY above what I'd normally pay for a used game. I am about to try it out. I beat Katamari Damacy and since the sequel is supposed to be much longer, I'll probably be able to play it for more than a week!

STALKER and Sims 3

Solitaire and Minesweeper as I don't really have time for anything else... :angry:

Tremulous and Wolfenstein:ET mostly. I just wish my hardware wasnt a 3 year old IBM T42. Could get better FPS, but whatever.

just beat spyro the dragon haha!!! oh the memories.

Was Playing CODWAW ,but ever since I got L4D,I've Been Playing That.Maybe I'll Start Playing CODWAW when Map Pack 2 and Patch 1.5 comes out.And,when my friends buys it and when they fix the friend invite system in co-op mode since I can never invite a friend in that game.

I uninstalled Morrowind and Diablo 2. Next to remove Worms Armageddon. Currently playing Far Cry. Will try Far Cry 2 after that, but it might not work. Then Oblivion again.

Far Cry ended way too fast. It was fun, i like FPS but not good enough to ever play again. I tried playing Albion on DOSBox again. First time in about... umm.. whenever it came out. It was cool but it was too annoying. Next I might play Strife for the third time!

hmm, nothing at the moment,

i recently beat contra 1, contra 2, teenage mutant ninja turtles 2, and zelda: a link to the past :)

Replaying Strife. Wish there was a graphics mod for it tho.

update: Civilization III. Found the CD in my basement and realised I never played it yet. I have a bunch of games like that.

Edited by Tripredacus

Strife are you serious? you mean Im not the only person who has played it.

Hmm the graphics look a bit old now dont they, although i cant really remember where im upto i think i have to go kill the bishop.

Your right there arent any remakes although i did find a moddb with someone thinking about it or suggesting it

afterall its much less crazy then the ut2004 remake for ut99

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ut2004-models-v2-extreme

i still havent played that though probably because im deciding whether or not to have 2 ut99 directories, but im leaning towards a 10gb one

Edited by awergh

I still run regularly one of the Redneck Rampage saga, despite the bad 3D engine. And I'm still waiting for another game with leather style lyngerie violent aliens ready to punish your a** through the gardens of graceland.

Edited by strel

Yes I thought I could play Strife again, but it looks and controls so bad!

And like Redneck Rampage, it also uses the Build Engine, so the controls suck with that too!

The controls don't bother me too much, I assume all old fps use those sorts of controls.

I actually find it almost easier although maybe not quite to play then Unreal is but that is because I've played UT99 far too much

which feels much more refined then Unreal, and I don't remember where my Unreal save is.

havent played Redneck Rampage.

I guess really when playing FPS I prefer to not go to much further back then Unreal/Half-Life because that what I'm more used to.

I have to say that true mouse/free look spoiled me. Yes the Doom and Doom II engine use the mouse to move, and also move with the keyboard. But you can't say only look/shoot with the mouse and move with the keyboard. Also Strife didn't have an option to use Strafe Left/Right instead it was Turn Left/Right. And unfortunately DOSBox didn't emulate it very well in that if I played on the highest difficulty, the game ran way too fast. On easy, it was normal speed. When I played this game when it came out, the only difference between easiest and hardest is that there were more enemies, they were stronger, no difference in speed of the enemies or the player.

oh, ive never tried it on more then normal i think, but yeah i guess your right about controls, and for some reason i always find the contrast a bit funny but i think thats cause my CRT doesnt have the contrast and brightness calibrated to what it should be

Playing lots of Left 4 Dead lately, hitting the survival mode!

And like Redneck Rampage, it also uses the Build Engine, so the controls suck with that too!

I don't think so, moving and strifing with keyboard, and aiming with the mouse is possible, the real annoyance is deformed free view up and down this engine makes. Like with Duke Nukem.

Edited by strel

I don't think so, moving and strifing with keyboard, and aiming with the mouse is possible, the real annoyance is deformed free view up and down this engine makes. Like with Duke Nukem.

Strife has Doom controls. So mouse movements equals player movement. Also right click is move forward. This was fine when it came out but now its just confusing. Strife was not Build Engine, sorry if I just jumbled that all together. I should look for my Duke CDs and see if Duke It Out in DC finally works! I never got it to work when I bought it lol.