Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Internet Explorer 7

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

havoc77

havoc77

• 10 posts
  • Joined 05-September 05
:whistle: I know that I am totally asking for trouble here but...

Anyone have any luck (or desire) to slipstream IE7 into XP?

I have looked around the other posts and could not see it discussed anywhere else, so thought I would start a new topic.

Internet Explorer Administration Kit 7 has been released, but dont think that helps in any case.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Bitfrotter

Bitfrotter

Junior

• Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 08-July 04
Hi Havoc77,

I believe it is not possible to slipstream IE 7 at the moment. I am installing this one unattended through the runonceex.cmd.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

WhatBackHand

WhatBackHand

• 34 posts
  • Joined 05-October 03

I am installing this one unattended through the runonceex.cmd.

I'm just starting to think about IE7 and adding it my install CD, what switches do you use?

fdv

fdv

MSFN Expert

• Developer
  • 1,109 posts
  • Joined 16-July 04
What's wrong with using HFSLIP to do this?
The feature is now totally stable...

See special IE7 notes.

Bitfrotter

Bitfrotter

Junior

• Pip
  • 74 posts
  • Joined 08-July 04
@All,

If you start the IE7 executable with the /? option, you will see the help and the switches that can be used to install silently.

Personally I believe the tools such as HFSLIP, nLite and more, are very good to use but I am working for a large company and there we have to follow guidelines and to watch out for licensed stuff. That is the reason I have created a fully unattended DVD with apps but without the use of such tools as nLite or HFSLIP. I used all the information I found on this forum and on other Forums and was able to create a DVD that is fully updated with all Windows Updates and even IE7 en WMP 11.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users